• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake pad drag?

Was rotating my tires and noticed that the rotor freely turns except in one area where it touches the brake pads and requires a good bit of torque to get past that one area. Thought maybe my rotor was warped, or maybe the caliper needs an adjustment? I have no vibration at all when I brake so I think the rotors are OK. Is it normal for the brake pads to touch the rotors and cause a bit of friction?

Was rotating my tires and noticed that the rotor freely turns except in one area where it touches the brake pads and requires a good bit of torque to get past that one area. Thought maybe my rotor was warped, or maybe the caliper needs an adjustment? I have no vibration at all when I brake so I think the rotors are OK. Is it normal for the brake pads to touch the rotors and cause a bit of friction?

yes and no. It depends on how much friction. Is it considerably more than the others? Are you having unusual wear on that pad?

Pull both (top and bottom) caliper slide pins and grease them with synthetic brake grease.

Back