• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brand and Size help Please....

I am thinking about buying a set of 18x8 +37 and 19x10 +35. However there aren't many tires are available in the Market now a days for this set up.

Please help me with the following choices for a 215/35/18 and 275/30/19 setup. Can I use another size for more options?

Falken FK453

or

Nitto NT555

Those are the best sizes (or, you can also use 265/30-19 in the rear). However, those tires aren't all that great (especially the Falken, which is mediocre). The best tire available in those sizes is the Sumitomo HTR Z III.

Hmmm...never thought of Sumitomo. Isn't Sumitomo a China tire with a Japanese name?

Hmmm...never thought of Sumitomo. Isn't Sumitomo a China tire with a Japanese name?
No. It's a Japanese brand. They own Dunlop, and they have a joint venture with Goodyear in which each manufactures the other brand's tires. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumitomo_Rubber_Industries

Sumitomo does not sell a complete line of tires, at least not in the States - no "extreme performance" tires or winter tires, for example. Some of their tires, notably the HTR Z III recommended here, are very good and competitive with other brands, while others, such as the HTR Z and HTR Z II, have been on the market for years and do not compare well against their competitors.

Interesting. Will look into Sumitomo. Thanks nsxtacy.

Back