• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brand New DDM 55W HID Kits --- $155 Shipped

Sorry for my ignorance here, but what is the difference between this kit and this other kit (besides 2x $$$)?

email reply from factory...

That ballast is made by a company called New Focus Electronics. That was the original DDM ballast about 2 years ago. It’s a lot more expensive (or at least was a few years ago, and by judging their GB price, still is) than the ones we currently sell. The failure rate on it is also much higher than the current DDM ballast. Those are the two reasons we stopped buying those and made the change to the current ballasts.

If you look at the input connector on the ballast you will see that it’s not the 9006 input like most ballasts, they use a weird little white connector that needs another adaptor cable to be able to connect with the car’s wiring. I’ve attached a picture of one of our old ballasts so you can see the extra wires that are needed.

I hope this help!

PS..
It also looks like they are buying them from www.xtralights.com. Could be different but I’m guessing that’s their supplier.

They claim that it’s a Japanese ballast but it is made in China.

viewthread.php

Last edited:
sorry i been gone to family vacation and you hid shipped out today.

ck pm for #.

Again sorry for delay.

Hi mate can you please check the PM still no lights or tracking from the USPS or Parcelforce.

Did you ship this ones yet?

If you have not can I just have a refund as this is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Any news???

Still get the same:

Label/Receipt Number: CJ29 2789 905U S

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 11, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Last edited:
Any news???

Still get the same:

Label/Receipt Number: CJ29 2789 905U S

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 11, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

fwiw, this is a standard airmail number, its not trackable like EMS, etc.

You will only see 'Electronic Shipping Info Received' up until the point the package hits customs, when it should change to 'inbound into customs', but even this does not happen a lot of the time, perhaps 50% of the time status will remain unchanged until the parcel hits your door.

Does anyone know how to reach Kyong (synergyaw). I have been trying to reach him but have been unsuccessful. I have emailed, pmed, and dialed the number on his website.

Please pm me or email me if you have been able to reach Kyong recently. If anyone has any phone number to reach him that would be great. Unfortunately the phone number on the website does not work. It just rings and eventually disconnects.

Thanks!

Back