• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brand New OEM Crank Pulley (Damper) and Tool

This is a brand-new OEM Acura crank pulley (damper) and tool that I purchased for my engine rebuild. Got a great deal on an ATI so I am going with it instead. This was only used to lock the crank while I torqued the clutch flywheel and pressure plate on.

This fit my '92 C30A engine with a manual transmission. Part # 13811-PR7-AO2.

Also comes with the corresponding Performance Tool # W80496 holder tool to remove your old one and install this damper. Again, this is the tool I used to remove the old damper on my '92 manual, and it fits the new crank damper of course.

These were out of stock in the US with a long wait time about 3-4 years ago due to losing a few motors (old grenading pulleys that ate into the timing belts). I procured mine 2 years ago so I believe it to be a relatively newly-manufactured unit and it has been sitting on my climate-controlled garage shelf since then. No worries about rubber disintegration and you will have peace-of-mind for the next many, many miles.

Note that the pulley shield is a nice thing to have, but you are treating a symptom and not the problem if you have an old damper. The job of the damper is to dampen a critical crankshaft harmonic to within an acceptable level. This will protect your crankshaft as well as your engine bearings and oil pump too. As the vulcanized rubber ages due to heat, its dampening coefficient changes, and this changes the effective inertia of the weighted steel flywheel. If you have an old damper over 10-15 years old (or one that has been heavily tracked), it would be a good idea to change it.

$225 shipped in the Con. US. Paypal only please unless I know you.

Thank you!

Dave

12079550706_a83baec76a_o.jpg

12078908745_d3007f1faa_o.jpg

12079550716_657257ca8d_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back