• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C32A questions??

will a C32A or for that matter C35A motor bolt onto an NSX transmission?
I do understand the internals of these engines are very different.
I am only interested to know if they will actualy bolt together.

THANKS!!

no they will not, no other c series apart from the c30a/c32b share the same bolting pattern for the gearbox apart from the early-mid 2000s j series ie j32a2-j35a4 kinda thing but aside from bolting pattern that it all they share.

the engine mount locations are different and yes a j series will bolt up to the nsx gearbox, 5 or 6 speed, there is a build thread on here of a turbo j series in a nsx with nsx box :) thanks

will a C32A or for that matter C35A motor bolt onto an NSX transmission?
I do understand the internals of these engines are very different.
I am only interested to know if they will actualy bolt together.

THANKS!!

I'm curous on what are your thoughts on swapping in a Acura Legend motor / RL motor into an NSX. SOHC?

well I have 2 shells and have been interested in what swaps would work. I know K20's have been done with major FAB work. And I know J-swaps have been done with a bit less FAB work. I had been curious about the C-swap.
The more research i did it does seem that the 01-03 TL TypeS motor J32A2 mated to an NSX transmission inside of an NSX with a GT3076r snail on it. Would be a decent replacement (for less $$) than sourcing a new NSX motor.
I do understand there are some sacrifices on the revving capabilities and such but it would serve a certain purpose (I apologize to the purists, and I do understand it is not ideal)
I do enjoy looking at all available options in the build while keeping the heart of the car in the Honda family.

The k20 swap done stmpo did need a major swap. I know there was some contemplation on making a kit to swap it into an NSX, but stmpo no longer produces products anymore. As for the Jswap, probably talk to Rogue motorsports.

Back