• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Track & Street Tools

I realize that I never made a proper post here. So let's talk about my girls.

'92 Track Tool

I bought the car in 2005. It only had 19'000 km (12 kmiles). Now it has 50 kmiles. Drove it 4 years on the street and a bit on the track till I decided to make it my track tool. I decided not to go too hard on the motor modification and enter an endless search of horses at the cost of reliability. I can not remember all the mods. Here is a not exhaustive list :

Motor & transmission :

- DC Sport Headers (old version)
- Straight pipes
- GT-One N1 Exhaust
- Downforce intake scoop
- Foam filter
- SoS IAB delete kit
- OS Giken LSD with 4.4 final

Suspension, brakes & body :

- KW Clubsport coilovers
- Full metallic / spherical bushings front & rear
- Dali front and rear race sway bars
- Type R front reinforcement bars
- Non compliance pivot clamps
- Stoptech ST40 big brake kit
- Enkei Kojin wheels (8x17 ET40 / 9.5x18 ET30)
- a bit of weight saving
- front home made undertray
- rear Difflow diffuser
- Wing West rear spats
- APR GTC-500 wing
- polycarbonate windows, divider and hatch

To come :

- Type R style carbon hood

All in all, I have fun with this car. Fore sure 200 hp more would be nice but I am more concentrating on the reliability and an affordable cost to run it. I am just a bit struggling with the rear ball joints. Already replaced the lower ones but it seems the upper will also need to be replaced.

SAP6kYv.jpg
6rcllM2.jpg

'91 Street Tool

In 2014, seeing the prices rising and wishing to drive again on the streets with an NSX, I could not pass by a great opportunity. So I bought my second NSX. It only had 35'000 km (22 kmiles). Now it has 60 kmiles. I will keep it just slightly modified.

Motor & transmission :

- DC Sport Headers (old version)
- Pride Lightweight exhaust
- Downforce intake scoop
- K&N filter

Suspension, brakes & body :

- Bilstein / Tanabe springs
- Hawk HP pads
- Type R front / Type S rear sway bars
- Type R style rear wing
- Rear spats
- '94 wheels with 15 / 30 mm spacers
- '91 wheels with 20 / 38 mm spacers

Interior :

- Double DIN audio, amps, subwoofer box
- EK9 Civic Type R shift knob

To come :

- SoS IAB delete kit
- JDM short gears (will do this when my clutch will die)

All in all, I had no big problems but only : climate control unit, fuel pump resistor, shaft boots here and there, wheel bearing. AC works great (just needed to replace a valve) and windows are not too slow after greasing.

tSO3G38.jpg
fj4gVXu.jpg

Last edited:
I think when you click the "insert image" button, you need to click the "by URL" option before pasting the link. You can always upload the images directly too by clicking the same button.

Motor is out on the Street Toy. After 9 years, it was time to do the belt service. We are doing also the coolant hoses as they are original I think. Also LMAs and cam plugs & gaskets (reason of the motor out) as I had a slight clicking noise. And the oil pan gasket as we were there. Ready for another 30 years.

YtZv4At.jpg
RNYBqGN.jpg
KM9rnHE.jpg

I took the time to do the IAB delete on both my cars. Cleaned the injectors at the same time and changed some gaskets and the fuel lines from the filter.

None of the twelve plates were moving. Hence not a really useful operation. But I have the peace of mind.

My but dyno says nothing special. Just a smoother transition at 5k where the IAB was opening (or closing ?) before. Hence perhaps a bit more torque between 3.5 and 5 k ? I saw that SoS get some gains even down low with a header + exhaust 3.0 car while the stock 3.2 has a significant loss down low.

enpp-2522_02_30l_dynotest_2048x1536.jpgenpp-2522_02_32l_dynotest_2048x1536.jpg

c5E8bCz.jpg
jm0T5Zt.jpg
SKCgBWj.jpg

Back