• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Caddy Cien NSX Future Competitor?...

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=4066

I found this article interesting. It seems like Cadillac is looking at the high-end sports car market with their new Cien.

An interesting parallel with the NSX is that like the F-16 inspiration for our favorite Honda, this mid-engine V12 draws inspiration from the F-117 Stealth Fighter.

It does actually seems to be a bit higher end than the NSX, though.

Build it, Caddy.

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

I think that Cien looks amazing. Lets hope it makes it to production!

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Looks butt ugly to me, but it will never make it to production like that anyway. When was the lst time a radical looking GM show car came to market without major consessions to the point that it was nothing like the concept? Hint: This is a trick question.

That thing is disgusting!

The question doesn't really make sense. "Without change to the point it was nothing like concept?????? " If it were without change, then it would be a lot like the concept. Anyway, I still think the answer that sjs is looking for is: Aztec.

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

I dont know how you guys can say that is not a great looking car. However, I will agree that Cadillac makes some pretty awesome concept cars, but they never make production looking like the original. The CTS concept was much better looking that what they finally came out with.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

The vote's still out on the view from the front, but I really like the top-down look of the car. Not that anyone actually looks at cars from the top or anything...

"...When was the lst time a radical looking GM show car came to market without major consessions to the point that it was nothing like the concept? Hint: This is a trick question..."

That's easy. Chevy's new SSR...
http://www.wieck.com/public/*2PV_026824

wink.gif

It's just a sketch, but I think it has promise. I wouldn't count GM out, however. They recently hired Bob Lutz and and that might signal a newfound focus on product quality and design.

The Northstar V12 engine seems really sweet too.

I also agree that the top view looks really impressive.

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

I really don't like Cadilacs new design theme, I think they're trying to find some brand identity and came up short. Edgy styling never lasts the test of time, in today out tomorrow. Soft lines are the way to go, just think a BMW Z8 will be a sweet looking car for eternity. It is interesting though, V12 supercar from GM, but has anybody driven a GM product lately, they all lack refinement, just go sit in a vette, then drive down to a BMW dealership and sit in a X5, you'll know what I mean.
Good news though is GM has shown a change in willing to take chances (ala SSR) but I think they are still just copying or when trying something new coming up short. Very interesting to see how Bob Lutz's influence will change the company. He did wonders with Chrysler this will be probably his last tenure in the automotive world so let's see if he chooses to leave a legacy.
Well another supercar on the market can only be a good thing, give Acura/Honda some competition to engineer above, and that V12 and the fact that 911's will have v8's shortly give Honda all the more reason to grant all of our wishes for a 400hp V8. Seeing the V8 will probably be shared with other HOnda product well aftermarket development will greatly increase while with even cheaper pricing. Just imagine all of us with new generation NSX's and a supercharger upgrade that should easily bring 100hp at the least, 5 or 600hp NSX's at track days, wow, watch out Viper!

Originally posted by jon69:
grant all of our wishes for a 400hp V8...

...imagine all of us with new generation NSX's and a supercharger upgrade that should easily bring 100hp at the least, 5 or 600hp NSX's at track days

Although I dont disagree with this comment, I find it highly amusing. Even before the mythical 400BHP V8 gets release we have people yearning to put a blower on it! Hahahah.... Man that is die hard! (i want one)

Well I did some more reading about the Cien concept on autoweek and found the car a little more interesting than it seemed at first. 7.5 liter V12 with 750hp yet it has the same fuel consumption in daily driving as it uses on half of the cylinders most of the time (not when I'm driving). I guess you need not go any further than that, except for the new bugati this motor takes the cake, can't think of anything else that comes close in hp, even the f60 is supposed to "only" make 650hp! It's not commonly known among enthusiasts but northstar motors are amazing, I know of people who have done head and cam work alone for almost 100hp on their cadilacs. Some others use the motor in kit cars and I have heard that turbo kits (which are cheap I might add) can raise hp to 550ish with no problem, and all that is low boost no engine mods. It's not a bottom end torque monster (guess that is why vettes don't use em).
Also the Cien will have all the trick goodies:
carbon fibre
19"front 21" rear
f1 paddle stye shift (don't know about you but i prefer a manuel as long as it has shift feel like the NSX, not the truck like vette)
night vision
computer controled everything
aparently a great sound system as well, engineered specifically for the car,
etc, etc, etc,

So I'm a little more interested than before but it's still GM. Wouldn't mind seeing what 750hp feels like though.

p.s. any bike fans out there, Yamaha's new R1 to be introduced on www.motorcyclenews.com tommorow, should be interesting, got one on order already!

Back