• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2003 NSX On Sale Today

The 2003 model of the exotic NSX sports car goes on sale today. Pricing for the high-performance exotic remains unchanged from last year at $89,000.

That's according to TOV.

So, is there ANY changes at all with the 2003?

Even a new color?

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

There are no changes including color from the 2002. We have a Long Beach Blue/Blue on order from the factory. It will arrive at our dealership Jan. 2003.

------------------

NSXs are hand assembled in Japan. Anywhere from 190-220 cars are shipped to the States each year.

------------------
Justin at Hoehn Acura/Mercedes Benz/porsche/Audi

Honda was hoping that the makeover would brings sales up to 1000 units, but considering that the US gets 200 and Japan gets 100, annual world production must be closer to half that amount.

226 new NSXs were sold in the United States in the first 11 months of this year.

I don't know how many were 2002 models and how many were 2001.

Then I stand corrected, the US recieved the full 250 unit allocation, it reasons. I didn't think that would happen. Anyone know what color leftovers are still around? I'm curious.

When Honda was talking to the press during the 2002 introduction, they expected 200 cars per year in the States, so it may be doing slightly better than expected.

However, 100 NSXs per year in Japan would be a huge increase. In 1999-2001, annual sales there were 78, 60, and 41.

Interesting. I seriously thought that Japan sold as many as the States, at least in the past. If the current wave of wispers is true, the NSX will hang around unchanged for the next few years.

I found it interesting that Honda's concept vehicles for SEMA had Comptech superchargers or Greddy turbochargers, and that Honda was showing-off the Comptech CL blown engine on it's website, and pushing the Mugen-design connection anew. A performance package for the NSX, like that for the RSX, would be cool, even without engine mods.

"The ideas and concepts displayed at SEMA explore new approaches to maximizing the potential built into every Honda and Acura platform," said Jim Roach, American Honda Vice President of the Parts Division.

"People who drive and modify our cars understand that Honda and Acura products integrate an extra measure of performance into every vehicle as part of the company's design and engineering philosophy."

Originally posted by justinjsw:
There are no changes including color from the 2002. We have a Long Beach Blue/Blue on order from the factory. It will arrive at our dealership Jan. 2003.

Justin,
I appreciate the information you are sharing with us, thank you.

OK Randy, I will let you know. I need your number again, can't find where I put the old paperwork. Send it to my email or call me at the office. 760-438-9599 You and your have a safe and happy holiday.

------------------
Justin at Hoehn Acura/Mercedes Benz/porsche/Audi

FWIW, when we went on the factory tour a few weeks ago, the factory rep said the current production rate was about 1 per day, 5 per week, 20 per month.

We actually saw a new Type-R fresh off the line (well, it's not really a production line, more like individual cars being pushed from station to station) just back from it's shakedown cruise.

-Ben

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
226 new NSXs were sold in the United States in the first 11 months of this year.

I don't know how many were 2002 models and how many were 2001.

Am I the only one that really is starting to want a new one? I've been trying to think of what car to get next in a year or so....really the only serious contenders are a 2000 911 coupe aero, clk55 (auto though, yuck), hmm, or a 1997 or higher NSX. But I would love to get a 2002 or 2003...

AMAZING to me that my 91 is so old (39k miles though) but still is a better drive than most any new car.

> However, 100 NSXs per year in Japan would be a huge increase. In 1999-2001, annual sales there were 78, 60, and 41.

...unless there is a dramatic economic turn in Japan, i don't think they're going to improve. Maybe Honda could halve the price.
wink.gif

In that intro to the acura-nsx-intro.mpeg video which nsxstacy mentioned on recent thread, it said the NSX plant produces a maximum of 25 cars per day. too bad that's changed to "per month".
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by NeoNSX (edited 11 December 2002).]

At NSX Fiesta, we were told that they've already sold over 60 new Type-Rs alone this year. The number of new Type-Rs we saw at Fiesta would tend to support this.

-Ben

However, 100 NSXs per year in Japan would be a huge increase. In 1999-2001, annual sales there were 78, 60, and 41.

Too bad we don't get the Type R here - they would sell at least 2 in the Boston area.

BTW, any plans for NSX Fiesta this year?

The only way to increase NSX sale in the US is to introducing the type-R! I know most member here will agreed with me on that, why can Honda understand that?
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Yellowdancer (edited 30 December 2002).]

Justin,

Mind giving up the "inside scoop" on the "leftover" '02 NSX ?

About beginning of Nov we heard about $72K for a brand new '02 NSX. Subsequent trip to a local dealership confirmed "around $74K". Since I was not ready to pull the trigger I didn't try to push for a "real" price (since I assume the dealer was not giving his best offer first, right ?)

Just last week i was in touch (over the phone) with a dealer with a blue '02 NSX and he began (?) at "around $75K, but if we replace the chromed wheels with the stock ones we can save you a couple of grand".

Yet, nowhere can I find any published dealer incentives, rebates, etc on the NSX. Is the true ballpark price of the leftovers around $72K. I guess it's not all that important why, but, if so, I'd just be curious to learn the details (and perhaps more importantly when the "incentive" (or whatever it is) expires.

TIA

[This message has been edited by NSX-GUY (edited 31 December 2002).]

Originally posted by Yellowdancer:
The only way to increase NSX sale in the US is to introducing the type-R! I know most member here will agreed with me on that

I disagree.

When Acura introduced the Zanardi NSX in 1999, they sold very poorly, and overall NSX sales (including the Zanardi) dropped 21 percent from the previous year.

If they hadn't made it come only in Red, they may have sold a few more...
If they had made it a real Type S, they may have sold a few more...
But in any case, I don't think it would have made a significant difference in total units sold...
It did not help that the 996 was new to the market at the time and was priced lower than the NSX with similar performance (for most people) and with better name recognition...

I disagree.

When Acura introduced the Zanardi NSX in 1999, they sold very poorly, and overall NSX sales (including the Zanardi) dropped 21 percent from the previous year.

The NSX needs better marketing... most people i've encountered either say:

"nice car, what is it (or who makes it)?"

Honda really needed (and still needs) to do more to keep the NSX spirit alive. The NSX sells itself; but u gotta get people's attention.

i've said enough... i feel pretty strongly about this area. i must be the only person in Australia spreading word of mouth about the NSX, and it feels like Honda has abandoned it.
frown.gif

------------------
NeoNSX
If the Matrix is real, then the NSX is just a figment of your imagination.

Originally posted by Yellowdancer:
The only way to increase NSX sale in the US is to introducing the type-R! I know most member here will agreed with me on that, why can Honda understand that?
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Yellowdancer (edited 30 December 2002).]

I also disagree.

Most of the people who have the money to buy a new NSX are not interested in the all-out performance model. We want a removable top, a civilized ride to drive it on public streets, and yes, a choice of colors too.

I considered the Zanardi for about 30 seconds when I was buying my new NSX in '99. I could have bought a Zanardi for 5K less than the NSX-T I bought, however, money was not the issue.

Back