• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caliper Paint

I actually took the calipers off my '91, cleaned them up best icould and put 2 coats primer, 6 coats red, hand painted the NSX white, and then 2 coats clear. Turned out pretty good. This time I want to get the one on my '00 professionally done. I'm planning on pulling them off myself and I go on vacation for like 3 weeks in august so I can send them anywhere. Anyone know I good powdercoater? thinking of going yellow with the black NSX this time. Both my NSX's have been black.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

You should be able to find a local shop to do them. Make sure they blast off the old color before putting on the new. If you don't you can get heat lock and it can prematurely distroy your seals and pads. It's not that big of a deal for a street car but if you have larger rims etc. even agressive street use can put added stress on the calipers if you have to much material coating the metal.

Here is a list of coaters in California:
http://www.powdercoating.org/members/custom/ca.htm

Hope that helps. Doing my own custom BBK (re coating some Brembo's)

Jeff

Back