• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can anyone tell me what brand of wheels I have please???

Hey guys, I just purchased my NSX the other day and would like to know if someone can tell me what brand of wheels I have, as the previous owner didn't know. To me they look exactly like the Volk TE37's. They are polished. 17" in front, 18" in rear.

I did not see any stampings, markings of any kind.

Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-09-03 at 10.02.03 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-09-03 at 10.02.03 AM.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Screen shot 2013-09-03 at 10.16.55 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-09-03 at 10.16.55 AM.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 174
Could be anything. Rota Grid, Rota IK-F, Varrstoen 2.2.1, and Varrstoen ES2 are some TE37 replica brands & models.
But the fact that there is now JWL or VIA markings on them at all makes me believe that they are a no name brand, Chinese/Taiwanese knock-off from eBay.

Last edited:
Take one off the car and look on the inside, there may be something near the hub that will give you an idea.

if they were real TE37's there would be a stamp behind a spoke, "rays eng" or something of the sort. Also the center cap would be completely different. I expect them to be rota grids (the rota center cap looks like that if you peel the decal off)

Those 'could' be older TE37's like mine. I have the same center cap but not sure how they got the plastic to be polished. And not sure about the JIL stamp near the valve stem. I'll look at mine tonight.

Here's a picture of the back of my 18x9 te37 in the meanwhile.

null_zpsecd5ef25.jpg

Maybe the plot thickens about your wheels. My te37's have JWL VIA stamps around the valve them. And they were produced in 1999.

OK, last night, I installed my Bline CAI and had to remove the rear wheel, and......drum roll please...... it is stamped Rays Eng, Forged, Made in Japan, etc......so there you guys go. Good news for me. I didn't think the previous owner of this stellar NSX would install knock-offs. I hope to have my replacement wheels early next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what do you guys think would be a fair price for these wheels? Two of them are clean and two have a couple of spots of curb checks. Minor stuff.

Back