• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can i fit into an NSX comfortably?

Hello my name is Tarik. I've been lurking on this site for quite awhile now and I'm about ready to start looking for a new stablemate for both of my Twin turbo 300zx's

i'm 6'5 and i weigh 225lbs. I sat in an immaculate members car here once, but I didn't really play with the seat out of respect for the gentleman. I would be looking for a 5spd early model. I'm also wondering if I could live with the car daily as both of the 300zx's eat gas like crazy around town but not so much on the highway. I understand that the NSX is pretty decent on gas mileage and the engine is much more easily maintained then the crowded engine bay's of the Z's.

I often take 1-2 hour trips into the surrounding states and I'm always going to the city. so i would owners to recall on their experiences with their cars and pass on their knowledge to me to see if this is the right way to go. Is there anyone in the local area of Westchester NY who would allow me to check their baby out?:biggrin:

Thank you :smile:

Hi,
We are pretty much identical in size. I DD my 2000 NSX. You can fit depending on where most of your height comes from. I'm mostly leg with an average torso.
One mod I highly recommend for guys like us is the Dali Seat cushion. It will get you around 2 extra inches of headroom.
I don't fit as well in the C6 Vette and I couldn't move the wheel in an S2000 with the door closed. At the Lotus dealer, the sales person let me try getting into an Elise and after the event, looked at me and said "Sir, I cannot sell you this car":frown:

You need to search. I think this has been brough up 6 times in the last 2 years. Will you fit is a matter of more than your weight. Im 200 lbs and 6'6". I took my seat cushion out and put a leather insert to just sit on, but i fit. After a few hrs of driving its not too comfortable.

The NSX has noticeably less headroom than the 300Zx if you have more of an upright driving style, however if you are comfortable with a more reclined style you should fit adequately.

Floyd: I see, smaller seat cushions would be a great idea. Now I just need to find an nsx to test drive around my area. I saw one of the local members black nsx today on my way to work. It was a funny coincidence haha.

Nsxftw: I had searched for a few minutes before I had other business to attend to, but I will make a stronger effort this time around to find the info I need thanks!

I'm 6'4" @ 200 lbs. The first mod I had to do to my car was to have a local custom upholstry shop take the seat bottom out remove the foam pads and replace them pieces of gel pad, the same stuff you can buy to put in your shoes only it was ordered in the same size as the original foam pieces. They also re-shaped the foam thigh bolster and re-stitched the leather so everything looks stock.

The good news is that my custom fit seat gives me the stock look and head clearance when the roof is on. Bad news is that we had to make an upholstered booster seat for my wife so she can see over the dashboard.

Enjoy your car.

Based on the NSX Specs pic below it looks like the seat cushion to roof measurement is 36"

NSXspecs.jpg

Cheers,
Ian

Back