• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can you help me with any of these problems?

Hi,
I would like to ask you all if you can help me with any of these problems (on a 94 NSX/Green(Black int.)/Manual/41K miles/stock). I was hoping that I could fix some of these problems by myself (to save money), but I'm not that good at diagnosing car problems. Thanks in advance for the help and time!

1. When, and only when, I am driving, the "trunk open" indicator blinks on and off. When the car is parked, there is no light blinking.
2. When I roll up the driver's side window, I can hear some low-pitched noise, shuddering? Does it need lubrication? Rolling it down, there is no problem.
3. The wiper fluid on the driver's side doesn't shoot out as well as on the passenger's side.
4. The CD changer has an E-01 message: When I recently put the magazine in the changer, it got stuck, and the stereo LED gave me the message. I read on Dali Racing that it could be the magazine, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and knows how to solve this.
5. The antenna doesn't retract all the way down. I searched NSX Prime, and figured it was the mast. I got installation instructions from Dali racing, and it says that the service manual has diagrams, but I could not find it on NSX Prime's Adobe Acrobat Service manual. Does anyone know whick section/page it is on?

Thanks a million! -Thomas

I can't help you with the other problems, but as far as the windshield fluis goes: Sometimes if wax gets in the opening it can harden and affect it. Take a needle, like a hypodermic if you can get one, and make sure the opening is clear of wax.

Don't know how accurate all of my advice will be but I do have the same year color so at least it's educated
biggrin.gif
???

1. When, and only when, I am driving, the "trunk open" indicator blinks on and off. When the car is parked, there is no light blinking.
- I don't have this problem but I would check alignment of the lid where it makes contact with the black rubber/plastic piece. Perhaps it's not seated very well and pushes it up until the sensor doesn't make contact?

2. When I roll up the driver's side window, I can hear some low-pitched noise, shuddering? Does it need lubrication? Rolling it down, there is no problem.
- Mine too. Here's a good general FAQ http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting.htm and here's the one about windows http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/windows.htm . I'll probably lube mine soon but let me know if you do yours and it solves the problem.

3. The wiper fluid on the driver's side doesn't shoot out as well as on the passenger's side.
- I agree with Chuck.

4. The CD changer has an E-01 message: When I recently put the magazine in the changer, it got stuck, and the stereo LED gave me the message. I read on Dali Racing that it could be the magazine, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and knows how to solve this.
- Don't know. Find another NSX'er and swap magazines or buy a new one and see if it helps. Trial and error is cheap.

5. The antenna doesn't retract all the way down. I searched NSX Prime, and figured it was the mast. I got installation instructions from Dali racing, and it says that the service manual has diagrams, but I could not find it on NSX Prime's Adobe Acrobat Service manual. Does anyone know whick section/page it is on?

- I don't know why EVERY Honda/Acura I've owned has this problem but if I keep the mast clean by wiping off the grime with a damp cloth while extended - make sure you use a light sweeping motion upward not downward, it usually takes care of the sticking. If you think it's completely broken, then here is the 'smarttenna' installation page. Is that the same? http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/smartenna.htm

Good luck,
Dave
'94 Brooklands Green Pearl
(Black Interior)
smile.gif

Originally posted by whs520:
Hi,
I would like to ask you all if you can help me with any of these problems (on a 94 NSX/Green(Black int.)/Manual/41K miles/stock). I was hoping that I could fix some of these problems by myself (to save money), but I'm not that good at diagnosing car problems. Thanks in advance for the help and time!

Have someone watch the light with the car running and push and pull on the decklid with it locked closed. If this makes the light flicker than you need to adjust the decklid downward a bit. Remove the striker from the lid and delete one shim. If there are no shims, which is rare but possible, private me for the next step. It is not published in the book.

Dave is correct.

Chuck is correct.

Run a feeler guage below the magazines lower edge untill you feel a round button about two inches in. Push down to release the mag, empty the mag and put it back in with the cd player unplugged. THEN plug the cd player back in so that it wakes up with an empty mag in its slot- it will transfer the stuck disc to the mag if it is capable i.e. if the unit is not broken. If the mag has the word "Acura", instead of the stylized Vernier caliper logo next to the window, it is the old thin shelf design which have been TSB relegated to the 'do not use' parts heep.

23-236. Its fairly easy, but private me if you would like or need better instructions.

Thanks a million! -Thomas

Good Luck,
Mark Basch

[This message has been edited by NSXTech (edited 13 March 2002).]

Hi,
Thanks for the answers so far, they have been really helpful.
As far as the CD goes:
I ejected the mag using the feeler gauge, disconnected the changer, waited 30 seconds, reinserted the mag, plugged the changer back in, turned on the car.....and the message "CD E-01" still appeared! Oh well, thanks for the suggestions, anyways.
About the Service Manual:
Just my luck.....NSX Prime is missing pages 23-235 and 23-236: the pages with the antenna mast diagrams- the only pages I needed out of those 1000+ pages! No wonder I couldn't find them the first time!
NSXSC is missing the entire electrical section of the manual! Well, at least I have the mast installation instructions from Dali Racing. :^(
I'll try the other problems soon, and I will let you all know the results.
Thanks! -Thomas
'94 Green/Black

Hi again,
I just wanted to provide an update for those kind enough to help me with those problems.

CD Changer: It turns out that a CD was, in fact, stuck in the changer. The procedures suggested above did not solve the problem, unfortunately; however, I did get the CD out by removing the changer and opening it up. The changer works well now. I had no idea that a CD was stuck in there: must be absent-minded. Thanks for the info on that one.

Windshield washers: Followed the above directions, and it was a success!

Trunk problem: I have three shims in place, above the striker. I removed one. Didn't solve the problem. I removed another. Still not fixed. I removed the last one. No luck.
Mr. Basch, is there anything else that you recommend for this?

Window: Will try sometime this week.

Antenna: Waiting for mast to arrive.

Thanks again! -Thomas

94 Green/Black NSX

CD Changer: It turns out that a CD was, in fact, stuck in the changer. The procedures suggested above did not solve the problem, unfortunately; however, I did get the CD out by removing the changer and opening it up. The changer works well now. I had no idea that a CD was stuck in there: must be absent-minded. Thanks for the info on that one.

I had that E-01 error from a CD stuck in the changer on multiple occasions. My old roommate had the toughest time loading 1 cd into a single slot. Putting 2 CD's in the same slot of the magazine can cause this dilemma. I opened up the changer the first two times but then got pretty good at pushing the magazine clip around inside the unit, until it would load the CD's back across.

Eventually the changer sent the head unit some wacked-out impure signals and the factory head unit toasted! Be careful....

Originally posted by Bilulan:

Eventually the changer sent the head unit some wacked-out impure signals and the factory head unit toasted! Be careful....

Hi,
Thanks for the warning! Anyways, I decided to go ahead and order an Alpine S620 changer from eTronics.com for $185 + $15 shipping (plus, I entered the code "SURF" for a free Home Theater Care kit). I got the PEI ACUALP adapter cable from SoundDomain.com for $16 + $4 shipping.
Anyone wanna buy a factory changer from a '94? :^)
-Thomas

Back