• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

canine passengers

For those who take a dog in their NSX:

Do you use a seat cover?
Do you let the dog in the driver's door or the passenger's?
Have their nails damaged the leather seats at all?

I ask because I'm probably getting a dog soon.
I'll probably make a cloth cover for the passenger seat.

I have a small dog (maltese) and have had her sit on a blanket, more for her comfort than a worry about the leather, and I use a harness that can be attached to the seat belt so that she is protected in the event of a short stop or accident.

I have three large border collies.
No way will they ride in the NSX, they've already thrashed the backseat leather of my TL-S, even with a blanket down. Maybe it's cuz there were 3...
:biggrin:

I've got a ~50 lb dog that barely fits, she crouches down with her front legs draped over the front of the seat. Doesn't look comfy, but that's as stable as she can get. So, as much as she wants to get in the NSX...I don't let her :). If the dog is small enough, I'd just throw a folded blanket down or something. More for dirt than scratching.

I used to put my 75 lb doberman / weimeraner mix in the front seat. I would put down a blanket on the seat, but he'd usually push it onto the floorboard. He would curl up very compactly into the front seat, sometimes hanging off the cushion. I would always try to bring him in / out through the passenger side, but sometimes he'd hop over the console to get out from the driver side. I didn't worry too much about the leather getting scratched because he was pretty gentle on my old Legend's leather.

He was the ultimate road dog. He'd contentedly lie in the passenger seat pretty much no matter what the condition. We drove all over Texas in the NSX and the southwest in my Legend and cross country in a Maxima with no problems on leather.

Miner

Thanks to everyone who responded.

The dog I am looking at is an Australian cattle dog,
a medium-sized dog that should fit OK curled up on the seat of an NSX.

lu450.jpg

I have three large border collies.
No way will they ride in the NSX, they've already thrashed the backseat leather of my TL-S, even with a blanket down. Maybe it's cuz there were 3...
:biggrin:

I've got 2 65lb black labs that I put in the back of my TL Type-S ONCE !!! They didn't puncture the leather but boy was I scared they were.
I drive them around now in my Integra.
And no, they never go in the NSX.

My beagle has take a few rides with me, not many though. He doesn't do anything to the seats, but good lord his hair end up on the carpet and upholstery. Hence the limited time in the NSX. :smile:

I would definitely say NO to letting a dog into my NSX. Our dog, a 35 lb Vizsla, has trashed the leather in the wife's TL.

For those of you that have not see a Vizsla, take a look. They are incredible dogs. They do require quite a bit of exercise and interaction... but they are worth it. http://basaltbluffsvizslas.com/images/Img13.jpg

We have 2 min Schnauzers and as a rule they are NEVER allowed in the NSX. There was one exception when we had to rush one of our dogs to the Animal hospital and the NSX was the only car home at the time. Luckiy nothing happend to the car and the dog is still with us. :smile: That was the last time we have had a dog in that car.

I have a 120 lack Lab/Great Dane mix and he loves to go for a ride, and I don't mind tking him. He gets in through the drivers door but, he has to sit before he can get in. I keep his nails cut and he hasn't messed up the seats yet. He usually has his nose next to the windshield so every so often I have to clean the smudges off. He does drewl a bit in the summer so I always have a towel with me to wipe that up. I'm not near as anal about my car as others are though so it doesn't really bother me a bit to have to clean up after him, plus he just looks cool in the car :biggrin:

Back