• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car Covers for the NSX

I have moved to a place where my only option is to park in an assigned carport slot. Not ideal, but very good security and nice neighbors. I'm looking for an offsite garage option but that is looking a little bleak at the moment. So now that my car is wrapped and finally at my driving disposal anytime I want, I'm looking for a little more protection. I need a car cover for exterior use. Yes i know I live in sunny Southern California but it does rain, occasionally. And it does get hot, OK 80F. It does get cold, once i saw 45F. Does anyone have some recommendations?

I just bought the cover craft weather shield hd cover and so far so good only 1 week in. Fits great holds dust and sun out and repels water for those June gloom days here at the beach or if it ever rains here in so cal again. I got it from auto anything during one of their 22% off sales.

I'm quite interested as well, as my detached garage still lets quite a lot of dust/pollen in.

I had a wolf cover that worked well....remember any of these will rub pretty hard at the corners to fit snugly enough,so fresh wax ect may smear.

I'm sure if it's s a snug fit and you experience a lot of wind the movement will cause the cover to shake and billow and that may cause some rubbing on the corners. I don't get a lot of wind so that is of minor concern.

JC, I bought Hrant's car cover and its great for in-N-out plus its fitted. There is a recent thread on this but I can't find it.

Thanks Tim, I was looking for some other Primers to pump up this thread so that I can make a decision. i do like supporting those who support us, as you know. I'll wait a little longer to see what others have to say.

I have the OEM cover for my NSX and a cover craft weather shield HP based cover for another vehicle. The weather shield is durable, fits well and it can be cleaned in a good size home washing machine (don't try that with the OEM cover). It offers no dent protection if you are looking for that. Also, it is slicker than parachute silk! If your car is clean and waxed and if there is the slightest breeze you will need two people to put it on, otherwise it will slide off the car as you unroll it and try to hook the front and back edges under the car.

I can almost picture that scenario. Something out of Laurel and Hardy! Thanks for the input.

I have a detached parking spot for one of my cars and although it is contained, it still gets very dusty. I use an OEM car cover and I throw one of those cheap disposable Amazon car covers on top of it to keep out the dust. It is cut the shape of /a/ car and it almost resembles a painter's plastic drop cloth.

Back