• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car & Croissants in Summit on June 16

From the C&C group email:
All,

As previously posted, we will be meeting this Sunday in downtown Summit, NJ for our Fathers Day meet, which has historically been our best attended day for C&C. The town of Summit graciously offered to host us and are promoting the event to their residents. They have provided us with 3 contiguous lots with over 500 parking spaces.

The details are:

Location: main lot (with over 300 spaces) 25 De Forest Avenue, known as the Bouras Office Building. Second lot -- To the right is 1 De Forest Avenue, known as the Summit Executive Center and we can use the street level parking deck off of Beechwood Road. Third lot -- To the left and behind CVS is a City owned parking lot and we would propose visitor parking (those not showing a car) in the front and C and C parking in the rear.

Time: 9 am to noon (Note the later start and ending times)

Across from the Bouras Office Building is the Farmer's Market with a variety of produce, food and drinks. There is a port-a-john at the Market. On both sides of the Market are City owned parking lots. All parking is free on Sundays.

Look forward to seeing everyone there. Let your friends with exotic, collector, antique and sports cars know -- all are invited. Please -- let's be on our best behavior. No burnouts or revving engines -- there will be lots of children (and other spectators) in the area so we all need to be extra careful.

Abi and Kirk

I won't be attending due to other committments. Hopefully other NSXs can attend. I was the only NSX at their Harding School event last weekend. It was unusal in that there were few P cars, but Loti were in abundance. Some of the rare cars - a 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350H (anyone else know the significance of the H?), a 1954 Frazier Nash, and a Ferrari 599 GTB with a license plate frame reading "Life is too short to drive a Porsche" (sorry, Tytus, just reporting what I saw. :biggrin:)

Last edited:
I missed last year but saw the pictures and the quality of cars was top notch. Not to mention there will prob be 200 cars in attendance. I will make it out and the rain looks to be late in the day Sunday which is a good thing.

I missed last year but saw the pictures and the quality of cars was top notch. Not to mention there will prob be 200 cars in attendance. I will make it out and the rain looks to be late in the day Sunday which is a good thing.

I will see you there Aaron. I'm at Cars & Crossiants all the time but missed the Fathers Day event last year too. Looking forward to it.

Glenn

P.S. You need to add a car to your signature.

Hey Frank , am I right or wrong ? GT 350H = Hertz rental

Ralph,
Sorry for the slow reply, I was away for 3 days (and had to miss this event).
Yes, the H = Hertz. These cars were made by Shelby in the black w/ gold stripes soley for the use as Hertz rentals. The only way to purchase one was via Hertz when they sold off their used cars. 289 Cobra engines, disc brakes with no power booster, etc. They were crude macho machines. I had the fun of driving one in 1967.

I saw a report from the C&C administrator that over 500 cars showed up today. Even "Tax Dr" showed up with his Enzo & a couple of his other Ferraris. At least 2 McLarens were there.

Frank,
your question took me back almost 40 yrs , the reason I knew it was because in 66 my oldest brother was just recruited out of college by one of the big seven (at that time) public accounting firms . They sent him to San Francisco ,he sent me a post card of the GT350H, time flys

Back