• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car & Croissants (NJ) Location for Sunday, December 8, 2013

Here's the C&C email for this weekend's meet, with only one more before Spring.

Details for the meet:
Time: 8:30 - 11:00AM

255 Lafayette Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928

For those bringing your own baked goods and drinks for breakfast, please make sure you carry out any trash -- much appreciated. As always, please be on your best behavior and avoid the temptation to rev your engine and peel out. We have a zero tolerance policy in this regard. If you do it, you will be asked not to return. We cannot risk losing this meet location due to bad behavior.

See you all this weekend. As always, we will send out a confirming email on Friday in case we need to change dates/location for weather or other reasons.

Thanks,

-Kirk & abi​

Here's the C&C email for this weekend's meet, with only one more before Spring.

Details for the meet:
Time: 8:30 - 11:00AM

255 Lafayette Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928

For those bringing your own baked goods and drinks for breakfast, please make sure you carry out any trash -- much appreciated. As always, please be on your best behavior and avoid the temptation to rev your engine and peel out. We have a zero tolerance policy in this regard. If you do it, you will be asked not to return. We cannot risk losing this meet location due to bad behavior.

See you all this weekend. As always, we will send out a confirming email on Friday in case we need to change dates/location for weather or other reasons.

Thanks,

-Kirk & abi​

I'll see you there Frank with the NSX.

Hi all,

Are newbies welcome? I would like to come. This would be my first time tho and not exactly sure what this entails. Do I need to sign up? Would I need to bring anything? Do anything? Chip in for anything?

Hi all,

Are newbies welcome? I would like to come. This would be my first time tho and not exactly sure what this entails. Do I need to sign up? Would I need to bring anything? Do anything? Chip in for anything?

Nope, just show up and have a good time. Frank - Rich, see you guys Sunday morning.

Hi all,

+1 on Aaron's response. Its in a HS parking lot, and you just drive in, park, wander around, look at the cars and talk to the owners. The school is closed, so there's no bathroom available. Which means one has to calculate how much coffee to drink ahead of time.:biggrin:

I may bring my '84 'vette (black w/red interior) to stretch its legs one last time this year. We'll look for you.

I'll be there. See everyone soon.

It was too cold today too stay long. At least 5 NSX owners showed; only 3 with their NSX's.

But I did take my hands out of my gloves long enough to operate my camera to take the following. It was gorgeous, unique, exquisitely built, even if the upholstery looks like a pattern for living room furniture.:rolleyes:

Dec8C&C (8).jpgDec8C&C (5).jpgDec8C&C(1).jpgDec8C&C (2).jpgDec8C&C (3).jpgDec8C&C (4).jpgDec8C&C (6).jpg

Afterwards we went to my house, and put Rich's "new" 2005 on my lift to figure out why the Comptech exhaust tips stuck out unevenly from the rear fascia. We loosened the spring-loaded bolts on each side of the cats, wiggled the system around, and got everything to line up. We re-tightened all the bolts, and marveled at the improvement.:biggrin: Apparently the installer didn't take time to do a final alignment.:mad:

It was too cold today too stay long. At least 5 NSX owners showed; only 3 with their NSX's.

But I did take my hands out of my gloves long enough to operate my camera to take the following. It was gorgeous, unique, exquisitely built, even if the upholstery looks like a pattern for living room furniture.:rolleyes:

View attachment 108115View attachment 108116View attachment 108117View attachment 108118View attachment 108119View attachment 108120View attachment 108121

Afterwards we went to my house, and put Rich's "new" 2005 on my lift to figure out why the Comptech exhaust tips stuck out unevenly from the rear fascia. We loosened the spring-loaded bolts on each side of the cats, wiggled the system around, and got everything to line up. We re-tightened all the bolts, and marveled at the improvement.:biggrin: Apparently the installer didn't take time to do a final alignment.:mad:

Nice, but I don't know about starting bids around $250k ??????? BMW power makes it an everyday car with dependability, however, "Would you drive it everyday?"
Nice to get the NSX out last time before off to London next week. That's right. Docs gave me the green light to go back to visit Jennifer. We will have a "bloody good" Christmas this time.
Hope all of you out there in the NSX community have a great holiday season and we'll see you at the pre-spring dinner.

I arrived too late, only a few cars and freezing cold. It was nice bs'ing with Aaron. Sorry I missed you rich, would have been nice to catch up.

I arrived too late, only a few cars and freezing cold. It was nice bs'ing with Aaron. Sorry I missed you rich, would have been nice to catch up.

It was nice to get one last session in before the snow hit. Good excuse to get the NSX out and about. As for Rich, he snuck out without even saying good bye, what a guy. :wink::tongue:

I'll visit the dealership in February. Enjoy the holidays. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

It was nice to get one last session in before the snow hit. Good excuse to get the NSX out and about. As for Rich, he snuck out without even saying good bye, what a guy. :wink::tongue:

Sorry, had too catch Frank leaving with the Vette. Never been to his house. Enjoy the holidays and see you next year.

I was one of the NSX owners who didn't bring his NSX. I only have winter tires on the Cayman S.

I heard there was another meet Sunday after Christmas?

I hope so.

Glenn

The last C&C meet of the year was supposed to be this Saturday, Dec 21. However, the latest C&C email cancelled it due to the snow & salt. But, there was a note saying to look for an update if all the snow and salt washes away. If that happens, I'll post the details.

The last C&C meet of the year was supposed to be this Saturday, Dec 21. However, the latest C&C email cancelled it due to the snow & salt. But, there was a note saying to look for an update if all the snow and salt washes away. If that happens, I'll post the details.

thanks for the update. my nephew is visiting from Arizona for Christmas, he loves cars like his uncle. was hoping I could bring him to a meet on Saturday the 28th before he goes home. Oh well.

Thank you for all the updates Over the past season Frank, Jeanne and I wish you and Jan a very Merry Christmas from the land of Charles Dickens :smile:

thanks for the update. my nephew is visiting from Arizona for Christmas, he loves cars like his uncle. was hoping I could bring him to a meet on Saturday the 28th before he goes home. Oh well.

You may be in luck, per the email below. I'll post their Friday update in a new message.
Folks,

Given that the rain has washed away the salt and snow, we are contemplating a bonus gathering on Sunday December 29. Let's watch the weather during the week, and if it looks good, we will announce our intentions on Friday. Hope you all have a safe holiday and enjoy the time with family and friends. Watch your email on Friday for an announcement either way.

Kirk and Abi

Back