• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car insurance

HI All

My NSX car insurance is up for renewal in May and I will not be renewing with my current insurer. Does anyone have any recommendations for insurance companies. My NSX is a daily driver and is under lock and Key at home and at work.

Regards
Simon

Hi Simon

Just Car Insurance worked out best for me, but I was too young to be covered by Shannons.

Can you post what you find out? My renewal isn't far off either.

- John

That's way cheaper than mine and a lower excess too. I know a ~60 year old who pays more than that to insure his 300ZX.

Edit: AAMI just quoted me (via e-mail) $1538. This is based on:
94 manual / $63500 value / $500 excess / Rating 1 / Rural location / 26yr old policy holder.

Including coverage for mods: Volks, TEIN coilovers, headers, exhaust, ECU, custom leather interior, a/v system, 02+ update parts and custom paintjob.

However I can't see $63500 replacing all the above in a write-off scenario, which is my main reason for taking out coverage.

Any suggestions guys? Maybe increase the excess & agree on higher than market value?

Last edited:
That's way cheaper than mine and a lower excess too. I know a ~60 year old who pays more than that to insure his 300ZX.

Edit: AAMI just quoted me (via e-mail) $1538. This is based on:
94 manual / $63500 value / $500 excess / Rating 1 / Rural location / 26yr old policy holder.

Including coverage for mods: Volks, TEIN coilovers, headers, exhaust, ECU, custom leather interior, a/v system, 02+ update parts and custom paintjob.

However I can't see $63500 replacing all the above in a write-off scenario, which is my main reason for taking out coverage.

Any suggestions guys? Maybe increase the excess & agree on higher than market value?

I'd say the difference to my premium is your age .

Back