• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Car Shipping

Those of you who have shipped your car, how long did it take for them to come get it? it has been almost 3 weeks since I submitted my paperwork, and they have still not called to arrange for pick up. I called them, and was told it was still in process. Is this normal?

I had the same problem until I switched carriers - I finally went with Horseless Carriage and they came and got the car w/in 1 week and it was in my garage 5 days later.

A lot of these carriers pull this on the list BS, or we are waiting for our truck to make it to you....some pick your car up and then take it to a temporary holding yard until the truck gets it. Horseless Carriage did not mess around the truck that picked it up and laoded it is the truck that delivered it.

donwon said:
Those of you who have shipped your car, how long did it take for them to come get it? it has been almost 3 weeks since I submitted my paperwork, and they have still not called to arrange for pick up. I called them, and was told it was still in process. Is this normal?

Hey Don, its DOC...

Im with Cairo here, i had a company ship my car also and it only took a week for them to come get it. I can't recall the shipping company name tho.

Good Luck!

Hey Don,
Intercity Lines told me the exact day and time they would arrive, which was about a week out. They gave me the drivers cell number (husband and wife) and arrived exactly as planned. I got a call from the drivers 2 days ahead, letting me know their progress. East coast to West coast was approximately 10 days.
IMHO, I think what is happening in your situation is they are waiting until they get a full truckload before they proceed.

BTW, I'm blaming you for my constant appetite!

Back