• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caravan plans for Motoring J Style event

So far, there has been talk about two caravans: one starting at Krispy Kreme at Union Landing in Union City and another from IKEA in Emeryville. The plan will be for the Fremont guys to drive up to IKEA to meet the Emeryville guys and we'll all head out to Vallejo from there.

We should try to get to the event by about 7:30am (it starts at 9:30, I believe). Google maps says it's about a 30 minute drive from the Emeryville IKEA so we need to leave there at 6:50am, SHARP! In turn, those of us meeting at Krispy Kreme should leave at 6:10am, SHARP!:eek:

Is anyone planning another caravan from the peninsula? If so, and you want to caravan with us to Vallejo, you should meet us at the Emeryville IKEA no later than about 6:45am.

I'm sure many will share stuff to do last minute detailing before the event starts (I know I'll bring my box of stuff and anyone is welcome to use any of it) but you should all probably think about bringing folding chairs so you don't have to stand all day. I'll probably bring a bottle of sunscreen and bottled water too.

Union City Caravan (Krispy Kreme)
1) 02#154
2)
3)
4)
5)

Emeryville Caravan (IKEA)
1)
2)
3)

Peninsula Caravan?
1)
2)
3)

J

1) 02#154
2) Jimbonuttz (and as far as folding chairs, i'm taking one of yours james!)
3)
4)
5)

1)
2)
3)

Peninsula Caravan?
1)
2)
3)

1) 02#154
3) Edub
4)
5)

1)
2)
3)

Peninsula Caravan?
1)
2)
3)

Is anyone planning another caravan from the peninsula? If so, and you want to caravan with us to Vallejo, you should meet us at the Emeryville IKEA no later than about 6:45am.

J

James just a thought, I seem to recall we had to go through one or two intersections with lights leaving Ikea on the Napa run. Anyone know of a spot where we could all pull out together without hitting any red lights? Not too much of a problem with a 1/2 dozen cars but with more than that we will probably get broken up.

1) 02#154
3) Edub
4)
5)

1)
2)
3)

Peninsula Caravan?
1)
2)
3)

What about us Far East Bay people? Anyone coming from Tracy/Livermore area? Or perhaps Stockton area wanna meet up and head over to the Ikea spot?

I've added the pre-meet location for East Bay folks. Let's meet around 6:00AM so we can be at IKEA around 6:35AM. We will take 580 to IKEA.

East Bay Caravan (Dublin Starbucks, Dublin Blvd.)
1) REDNSXT
2)
3)

1) 02#154
3) Edub
4)
5)

1)
2)
3)

Peninsula Caravan?
1)
2)
3)

I've added the pre-meet location for East Bay folks. Let's meet around 6:00AM so we can be at IKEA around 6:35AM. We will take 580 to IKEA.

1) REDNSXT
2)
3)

1) 02#154
3) Edub
4)
5)

1)
2)
3)

Peninsula Caravan?
1)
2)
3)

James just a thought, I seem to recall we had to go through one or two intersections with lights leaving Ikea on the Napa run. Anyone know of a spot where we could all pull out together without hitting any red lights? Not too much of a problem with a 1/2 dozen cars but with more than that we will probably get broken up.
All east bay ,union city,peninsula & emeryville meet at dublin starbucks at hacienda off 580 ,an we go as one big group down 680,alot of parking .......bill

1) REDNSXT
2) Dhalsim
3)

1) 02#154
3) Edub
4)
5)

1)
2)
3)

Peninsula Caravan?
1)
2)
3)

1) REDNSXT
2) Dhalsim
3) smooth
4)

1) 02#154
3) Edub
4)
5)

1)
2)
3)

Peninsula Caravan?
1)
2)
3)

I am assuming that the guys meeting up in Dublin will be coming up 680 North and getting on 80 West. If so, I can meet up with you guys in the Fairfield area, right before the 680/80 junction. Let me know.

Emeryville
1. whzzbad
2. juejaimon
3. NMYMIRR

Here's the current status....

1) REDNSXT
2) Dhalsim
3) smooth
4)

1) 02#154
2) Jimbonuttz
3) Edub
4)
5)

1) whzzbad
2) juejaimon
3) NMYMIRR

Peninsula Caravan?
1)
2)
3)

Racer-Ex's Comment - All east bay ,union city,peninsula & emeryville meet at dublin starbucks at hacienda off 580 ,an we go as one big group down 680,alot of parking .......bill

Ryan1926's Comment - I am assuming that the guys meeting up in Dublin will be coming up 680 North and getting on 80 West. If so, I can meet up with you guys in the Fairfield area, right before the 680/80 junction. Let me know.

Isn't dublin going in the opposite direction?
Doesn't it make more sense to meet in Emeryville since it's only about 20 min away vs. going to Dublin which means everyone has to get up another hour early?

Here's the current status....

1) REDNSXT
2) Dhalsim
3) smooth
4)

1) 02#154
2) Jimbonuttz
3) Edub
4) RonNRaiders
5)

1) whzzbad
2) juejaimon
3) NMYMIRR

Peninsula Caravan?
1)
2)
3)

Racer-Ex's Comment - All east bay ,union city,peninsula & emeryville meet at dublin starbucks at hacienda off 580 ,an we go as one big group down 680,alot of parking .......bill

Ryan1926's Comment - I am assuming that the guys meeting up in Dublin will be coming up 680 North and getting on 80 West. If so, I can meet up with you guys in the Fairfield area, right before the 680/80 junction. Let me know.

Updated list... :biggrin:

Updated

1) REDNSXT
2) Dhalsim
3) smooth
4)

1) 02#154
2) Jimbonuttz
3) Edub
4) RonNRaiders
5)

1) whzzbad
2) juejaimon
3) NMYMIRR
4) MikeC_587
5)

Peninsula Caravan?
1)
2)
3)

East Bay Caravan (Dublin Starbucks, Dublin Blvd. 6:00am)
1) REDNSXT
2) Dhalsim
3) smooth
4)

Union City Caravan (Krispy Kreme 6:00am)
1) 02#154
2) Jimbonuttz
3) Edub
4) RonNRaiders
5) NSX GT
6) quack

Emeryville Caravan (IKEA 6:30am)
1) whzzbad
2) juejaimon
3) NMYMIRR
4) MikeC_587
5)

I guess Union City would be the fastest route for me. Meet time is 6am or earlier?
Is this the location:
Krispy Kreme
32450 Dyer Street
Union City, CA 94587
Phone: 510-471-6121

* I was trying to bring a reclining folding lawn chair, but damn thing won't fit in the trunk. Well at least my ice chest and beer will.

Last edited:
I guess Union City would be the fastest route for me. Meet time is 6am or earlier?
Is this the location:
Krispy Kreme
32450 Dyer Street
Union City, CA 94587

Yep, that's the place, and you should be just fine arriving there at 6am. We plan to leave at 6:10am.

J

which one of you guys meeting at Union City is bringing donuts to the Emeryville meet?

1) REDNSXT
2) Dhalsim
3) smooth
4)

1) 02#154
2) Jimbonuttz
3) Edub
4) RonNRaiders
5) NSX GT

1) whzzbad
2) juejaimon
3) NMYMIRR
4) MikeC_587
5)

Is this the location:
Krispy Kreme
32450 Dyer Street
Union City, CA 94587

* I was trying to bring a reclining folding lawn chair, but damn thing won't fit in the trunk. Well at least my ice chest and beer will.

I'm in, dublin starbucks 6:00 a.m. bill

Updated...

1) REDNSXT
2) Dhalsim
3) smooth
4) racer-ex
5)

1) 02#154
2) Jimbonuttz
3) Edub
4) RonNRaiders
5) NSX GT

1) whzzbad
2) juejaimon
3) NMYMIRR
4) MikeC_587
5)

Updated...

1) REDNSXT
2) Dhalsim
3) smooth
4) racer-ex
5)

1) 02#154
2) Jimbonuttz
3) Edub
4) RonNRaiders
5) NSX GT
6) Ashik
7)
1) whzzbad
2) juejaimon
3) NMYMIRR
4) MikeC_587

Updated...

1) REDNSXT
2) Dhalsim
3) smooth
4) racer-ex
5)

1) 02#154
2) Jimbonuttz
3) Edub
4) RonNRaiders
5) NSX GT
6) Ashik
7)
1) whzzbad
2) juejaimon
3) NMYMIRR
4) MikeC_587