• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon fiber console double din

+5.......group buy

Lithuania?

Posted from my iPhone

You guys are wishing in a dry well for now. I have Tamoskes console and it's decent but took years to aquire it, years after I pd. for it:rolleyes:. You can always contact Procar but your wallet will be much thinner afterwards.:wink:

I just got one. might start making them. depending...

will update as soon as i get a price

I'm in. Like most of us (I'm assuming), quality must be great and I'd be willing to pay up to about $600 for a "factory fit and finish" :biggrin:

Someone needs to talk to DF, Peter , to make this happen. Procar makes one, but it costs an arm and 2 legs:biggrin:

The day people pay $600 for a carbon fiber center console is like the day when the earth will end. I'm sure if people even paid $500 you could get someone to product a great quality product.

It's the fact that most won't pay over $350 for one without complaining.

No shit. Most people want quality stuff but not many want to pay for it.

The day people pay $600 for a carbon fiber center console is like the day when the earth will end. I'm sure if people even paid $500 you could get someone to product a great quality product.

Question: I haven't been into the audio portion of cars in quite some time. Would it be safe to say a majority of the leading brands are the same dimension for the double din cut out?

Are most of the folks interested just wanting the double din or just like factory with ashtray etc including double din opening in carbon.

Not everyone is into the carbonfiber theme into their cars is this the only finish wanted or the same or close to same color as the factory provides?

Is it safe to say a majority are not using the navigation pod? There would be some differences.

Here is a picture of mine. Is this something eveyone is looking into?
DSC_0274.JPG

That interior looks Amazing! yes just how i would like to have my interior but with the ashtray in it , just to make it more of a consistent look and also have the power plug avail but i would love to replicate your interior on mine! Very nice synergy004.
I would def pay 500 or $600 for that console and also the armrest in CF, very nice! Any advice where i can get mines done the same ?

i was surprise when i went to look for a double din console no one had one available with the ash tray. i thought this would be one of the most common thing that most nsx owners would want but no one has one made. SOS has the composite console that has no double din cut outs or ash tray and from other prime members review, they said it fits very well. i just wish the SOS one had the double din cut out and ash tray cut out.

my wish is a frp double din console with ash tray, no carbon fiber for me.

I feel you hatchboi, i almost bought the one from SOS but i just really like the look of the ashtray with the double din. Just gonna have to do the cuts ourselves.

This is very disappointing to hear (not attacking your statement, just making an observation in general). You always get what you pay for and there is no difference with car parts. I consider the NSX to be a unique car and worthy of parts that have a top end fit/finish. There are options on the market for cheaper consoles that may or may not have that OEM fitment and I would recommend those that don't want to pay $600 for the part, go and acquire one of the cheaper units. I personally am willing to pay for something that is going to be as good as the original except in CF. I thought about buying a procar one but spent so much time trying to navigate the thread and see what parts are actually available and in stock that I gave up. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Based on a discussion with a member in another thread, I briefly looked into making this myself out of plastic on a 3D printer and applying carbon wrap. I have a few projects on the go at the moment so my time is limited to explore further however I'd be interested in hearing from other members who have 3D printing and/or CAD experience. The stage that I got to with my investigations was that this is certainly doable however economies of scale would likely be difficult to achieve on low production numbers with the current state of 3D printing technology (I suppose the story for all NSX parts).

Back