• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon fiber engine cover

Does Acura sell a replacement? I imagine it wouldn’t be cheap. Mine is already starting to yellow/fade and I think the techs broke the clips during last service.

MC

IMG_4131.jpeg

Acura would have replaced the covers if they had yellowed. Apparently that was an issue. My dealer Tustin Acura checked mine while my car was still in warranty And indicated no issue. Depending on how long ago your car came off warranty, they might good will the covers?

the rear diffussssaaaa on the S is a PROC special..

shame it is yellowed already. I was looking around a pre-production model this weekend and it had the same issue, but also had 80k miles.

Those are way to expensive to fail after just 6 years. Were any of yours exposed to lots of sunlight or something?

I am going to ask a friend of mine in the biz to see if his company would be interested in making replacement pieces. This just seems silly for the cost involved.

I just recently picked up the car. The paint is in great condition, I'm just surprised the engine bay looks so yellow. I think a simple sand and reclear is all she really needs.

replacing it would be way too expensive.

Those are way to expensive to fail after just 6 years. Were any of yours exposed to lots of sunlight or something?

I am going to ask a friend of mine in the biz to see if his company would be interested in making replacement pieces. This just seems silly for the cost involved.
Mine is my DD. 26k miles. It’s gets it in FL but the car is garaged at work and at home.

MC

The right side CF cover on mine was yellowed when I bought my 2017 with 12k miles last month. I got a “we owe” promise from the dealer to replace it as part of the sale but it’s been back ordered for the last month.

Here are the part numbers and prices anyways if you’re curious.

Back