• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

I recently bought a set of carbon fiber door sills form a gentleman in Thailand and was more than please with my purchase (excellent quality). The vendor told me that he is in the proces of making engine covers. They will be done shortly and the sale will be at Ebay(he can't register on Prime because his email account is the free email account).

He already sent me some pictures of the sample and I thought I share them with the rest of you.

10175Picture_170.jpg

10175Picture_764.jpg

10175Picture_767.jpg

Interested. Weight? More close-up pictures? Price? I'm not sure how flexible it is at the area where the hatch rests on the cover. It has to be quite stiff there.

I'm in ROC..that's Type relica....look greats..This is the frist engine cover I want it for me car..damn!! Been waiting for this cover...

Last edited:
The pictures that are posted look identical to the gruppe-m engine covers. I had the top one about 5 years ago carbon/kevlar. If the quality is as good as the pictures look put me in for a carbon enigine cover. Thanks, Frank

The pictures that are posted look identical to the gruppe-m engine covers. I had the top one about 5 years ago carbon/kevlar. If the quality is as good as the pictures look put me in for a carbon enigine cover. Thanks, Frank

--------------------------------------------------------
Frank, GruppeM is a NSX-R copy...

yeah same here

pls keep us posted :smile:

I would love to have one as well.....put me on the list!

Looks exactly like one I bought off Yahoo Japan Auctions last summer, sold by I's Impact. If its the same source, this thing weights like a feather and quite strong! Since buying my GruppeM SC, I'll probably have to sell mine off since it won't fit over my Big-Ass Eaton :rolleyes: unless I choose to cut off the mesh :eek:

I would also be very interested! Will the cover work with the factory prop? If I am not mistaken, the 95+ Targa cover props are different than the pre-95's, correct?

I'll probably have to sell mine off since it won't fit over my Big-Ass Eaton :rolleyes: unless I choose to cut off the mesh :eek:

if you do, let me know...in the mean time...can you PM me some photos of your engine cover??:biggrin: :biggrin:

Hi Guys,

I have more information on the engine cover.

*Getting confirmation for pre 95 and 95+ engine cover versions
*The weight is 1.1kg without the meshed net.
*It's is composite of fiber glass and carbon fiber. Same as the Gruppe M.
*There will be 10 pieces, but I believe 2 of them have been spoken for
*ETA for product release is beginning of March
*Price US $550 Shipped for carbon Fiber
*Price US $380 Shipped Gloss/Flat black (non carbon fiber)
The international shipping costs are expensive.
*I have requested more picutures, stay tuned

The seller is wondering for those that don't want carbon fiber surface, will you prefer gloss black surface or the flat black surface?

Hi Guys,

I have more information on the engine cover.

*Getting confirmation for pre 95 and 95+ engine cover versions
*The weight is 1.1kg without the meshed net.
*It's is composite of fiber glass and carbon fiber. Same as the Gruppe M.
*There will be 10 pieces, but I believe 2 of them have been spoken for
*ETA for product release is beginning of March
*Price US $550 Shipped for carbon Fiber
*Price US $380 Shipped Gloss/Flat black (non carbon fiber)
The international shipping costs are expensive.
*I have requested more picutures, stay tuned

The seller is wondering for those that don't want carbon fiber surface, will you prefer gloss black surface or the flat black surface?

Do you know if the carbon fiber cover will be clearcoated already? If not, then I may lean towards a flat black mesh cover. Thanks!

I've been on the waiting list for Downforce's cover for the longest time and I am tired of waiting. I need something to replace Comptech's POS targa cover.

Questions:
1. Will this fit over the CTSC?
2. Like someone mentioned before, how does the hood prop work for us targa owners?

P.s. put me down on the list of tentative

Yes, I believe the carbon fiber is clear coated.

Thanks for the info! After giving it more thought, I would prefer a flat black version for a 95 Targa. I also want to have a cover as close to an OEM NSX-R cover without having to sell a kidney! :smile:

Back