• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, even Wood grain Finishes for Interior and Exterior Parts

I am having pillars shipped to you as well as 2 door skins in the pics below to be covered in CF. Its being shipped today. Also Will send the rest of the parts we talked about as soon as my friend gets them out of my car. Thanks

I presume you want the lower half of the door finished? and the pillars? not sure about the visors though as it is a fabric. also i may have to remove the vinyl in the pillars to coat the plastic underneath.

I sent you few more parts and that we talked about before. On the door can you make the whole door CF? or just the tan parts? Thanks.

Honestly, I would only do the tan part as it looks better and matches the rest of the dash and lines of the interior. I looked at that already before i sold my NSX. for practicality i wouldn't faux carbon anything that you touch. For example all the soft areas such as armrests, window sills as it can get very hot to the touch after sitting in the sun.

If i did the whole door that would require removing all the vinyl and sanding everything smooth which may take a very long time and become very costly. Also, did you remove all the fasteners?

2 questions

1) is there a way to prevent the waviness in the weave pattern?

2) can we see some pics installed? looks beautiful

Back