• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carrera GT better next NSX?

Does anyone else think the Carrera GT shows more of a family resemblance to the current NSX?

I was looking at Sport Car International's issue with the Porsche Carrera GT on the cover upside down, and noticed how much it resembled a modified NSX.

The grill area is pretty similar to the 2004 NSX look, and it has a wing similar to the NSX (compared to the HSX). Plus the sides are similar, if greatly expanded.

IMO, it's the most beautiful current P-car and besides the Boxster the only mid engine car from that company which makes the design a bit more "NSX like" than the 911s. But for the same reason you may claim some other MR cars to be some nieces and nephews of the X family. The difference is that both NSX and HSC have a bit more "sharp edge" design - more straight lines and less "curves" than e.g. a Carrera GT. That's at least what my style expert (girl) tells me...

The rear of the P flows alot more than the HSC w/that chopped off look that I hate. I also agree w/the statement about the HSC hard edge lines. Yes, you can see where it might appear to have similar styling but the GT gives a no doubt indication of whats behind the drivers which is kinda cool, head while the HSC is sleek and non-revealing IMO.

Back