• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cars and Coffee this Saturday- see post about "calling all NSXers in HB

Instead of attending the smaller "Donut" cars & coffee car meet in Huntington Beach, I now plan on attending the Cars and Coffee event in Irvine this Saturday. Anyone with experience with attending this event and/or how to get cars to park side by side (rules in saving spots, etc.) is appreciated.

Last edited:
The Irvine Cars and Coffee meet officially begins at around 7:00am although many of the participants arrive earlier, around 6:00am-6:30am to ensure a good parking spot. There is one area that is designated and reserved for the various car clubs around town (ie Porsche, Ferrari, Woody, mini-Coopers, etc.) that exhibit their vehicles in the designated spot. Unfortunately, I do not know the specifics of how to reserve that spot and whom we would have to speak to. As you enter into the lot there is a lady who is always there handing out fliers. Both she and her husband coordinate the C&C event and I bet she would be a good person to speak with. If we could organize a Saturday for us all to meet, then that would be great to have 30-40 NSX's (or more) show up. The designated lot is quite large and can accomodate many vehicles.

BTW: the HB donut car show you were referring to is formally known as "Donut Derelicts" ( I think I spelled that right). I have never been but I hear it is always a great showing, especially of the vintage 50's classics.

I believe the 'corral' for the 15th is already reserved by BMWCCA, as it's the pre-chapter-meeting event, and members have been asked to show up before 7 "If you want to snag an exhibitor spot and show off your car" (quoted from CCA chapter e-mail).

I don't think there is any 'saving of spots' other than reserving the 'corral' for a given day with the organizers ahead of time.

I'll be going, though not with my NSX, as I'm trying to sell my M6, so I want to try and get a good spot.

Coming in this weekend. See you all Saturday morning!

Regars,

Danny

That's good to know. Perphaps I can contact one of the organizers to reserve the 'corral' area in the near future upon receiving some RSVPs from Prime members who are interested in a group showing. In any event, I will be there this Saturday with my car to proudly display it and to ogle at the other envy cars.

I believe the 'corral' for the 15th is already reserved by BMWCCA, as it's the pre-chapter-meeting event, and members have been asked to show up before 7 "If you want to snag an exhibitor spot and show off your car" (quoted from CCA chapter e-mail).

I don't think there is any 'saving of spots' other than reserving the 'corral' for a given day with the organizers ahead of time.

I'll be going, though not with my NSX, as I'm trying to sell my M6, so I want to try and get a good spot.

I almost forgot; this Sat. is also a pre-event for some sort of vintage Porsche open-house at a new shop in Laguna. Should be a good morning if you're a BMW or 4-pot Porsche enthusiast.

Coming in this weekend. See you all Saturday morning!

Regars,

Danny

Danny!!! How's it going?!!! Its good to hear you'll be there this Saturday morning. I remember you said you would be coming into Autowave in Oct and I thought I had missed you. Can't wait to see the MONSTER!!! See you Saturday morning.

Tony

NSXers attending Nov 15 Irvine Cars & Coffee event

:biggrin: I communicated via email with Josh and John, two individuals who organize the Irvine Cars & Coffee event. Both are excited at the prospect of the NSX marque making a showing at this event once again. I am still waiting for feedback from Josh if he can save a space for a number of Primers who intend to show up. If he can't, he said getting there before 6:30 AM will help ensure we have an opportunity to maybe get a few spots together. That means timing our arrival so we can all park at the same time.

So far, it looks like mmmikemo, lowellhigh79, tpagannsx, and me are going. If others want to join, this is the time to let us know. Then, we may be able to make this a small group event. Go Primers!

OK. I just spoke with John, a key C&C "organizer" for the Irvine event. At this time, we can't reserve any spots for this Saturday. Just the usual "first come, first served" for getting a place to park your car in the show area. However, I will be meeting and speaking with him on opportunities for organizing an NSX marque event. I am looking at Saturday, Dec. 6 for that.

For those who don't know, the Irvine C&C event is purposely not advertised. It already draws some 500 show cars each week. Besides the problem of it getting too big, they want to minimize the need to administer and organize things. Nonetheless, John and I will be talking about organizing something for us Primers.

For those who will be going and/or showing your marque this Saturday, see you there! :biggrin:

I'll be there this Sat without the NSX......gonna be taking some people with me from out of town there. So I will be rolling sedan style hehe....see you guys there.

I got to bed at 3am set my alarm for 6, it didn't go off :mad: I woke up at 730and by that time I was like forget it.....it is too late, by the time I get there it will almost be over.......catch you next time guys.....I really wanted to go too.....blah! Pics anyone?

Aside from a little wind and warm temps, my first C&C event was awesome. It was great fun to meet up with about a dozen NSX owners, all Primers no doubt. Meeting Danny and seeing his much modified NSX (all 700+HP of it) was one of the highlights. The capability, history, and look of the NSX is very much at home alongside the likes of Ferraris, Lambos, Porches, and even cars like Panteras. There was a particularly nice one in Laguna Seca Blue.

I met the key C&C organizer contacts for holding a special C&C day for NSX owners. Not sure of the availability just yet, but most likely no sooner than sometime in January. I should be able to get the "corral" area reserved for the NSX marque.

I'll also be making some contacts to plan an event at the Autoclub Raceway in Fontana thru a group called SpeedVentures. Stay tuned.

Steve :smile:

I met the key C&C organizer contacts for holding a special C&C day for NSX owners. Not sure of the availability just yet, but most likely no sooner than sometime in January. I should be able to get the "corral" area reserved for the NSX marque.

I'll also be making some contacts to plan an event at the Autoclub Raceway in Fontana thru a group called SpeedVentures. Stay tuned.

Steve :smile:

We have done something like that before and it was a pretty good turn out. Just make sure you give lots of time in advance for notice or else you won't have a good turnout.

Here's a link to some photos of the last NSX Marque event at C&C on 2/03/2007.

http://www.nsx1.com/images/pag/PAG_020307/index.html

We had 46 NSX's show.

Nice slideshow file and photos. Thanks for sharing. I should be in touch with my C&C contact by tomorrow to plan another event like this.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Back