Castrol GTX oil

Owning my nsx for 8 years, I have only used castrol gtx oil.

Currently at 155k miles, would you recommend using a high mileage oil?

thanks,

Owning my nsx for 8 years, I have only used castrol gtx oil.

Currently at 155k miles, would you recommend using a high mileage oil?

thanks,

If its not broken why fix it I say.

Depends on your driving habits and how frequent you change your oil which you did not mention. If your changing the oil frequently and your drive like a sane person regular oil is fine IMO. I dont drive much and I dont mind paying alittle more for better protection so I use Mobile 1

Extra peace of mind for minimal additional cost. It's made to condition older gaskets/seals and formulated to better protect older engines with more "play" in them. FWIW: As I age and remain physically active, I have to take more precautions to do so. Vitamins, supplements, proper warm-up/down and more rest/recovery to guard against injury and illness. This helps insure that I can hold onto my youth as long as possible and hopefully have a longer life. I apply the same mentality to my NSX. Man, that sounded like some cheesy testimonial.:rolleyes:

My engines been basically rebuilt so I guess I should look at it as a new one and keep using what I've always used.

I drive mine at least once a wk but I put less than 5k a year lately. Probably less btwn 3 and 4.

So I last year I only changed my oil once.

My engines been basically rebuilt so I guess I should look at it as a new one and keep using what I've always used.

I drive mine at least once a wk but I put less than 5k a year lately. Probably less btwn 3 and 4.

So I last year I only changed my oil once.

:eek::eek::eek:

I change my oil every 3000 or 6 months which ever comes first and thats Mobile 1

If I was doing dino oil I would have been changing it every two months or 3000 miles

:eek::eek::eek:

I change my oil every 3000 or 6 months which ever comes first and thats Mobile 1

If I was doing dino oil I would have been changing it every two months or 3000 miles

I am certaintly not an oil expert nor am I an engine expert but after owning mine for as long as I have, I use to change it every 3k miles but since I only drive it only 3k to 4k miles per year, ive since gone to changing it once per year.

I've never noticed any difference in the oil.

I am certaintly not an oil expert nor am I an engine expert but after owning mine for as long as I have, I use to change it every 3k miles but since I only drive it only 3k to 4k miles per year, ive since gone to changing it once per year.

I've never noticed any difference in the oil.

I switched my 92 with 18k over to Mobile 1 for older cars after reading an article that stated that today all motor oil producers are required to remove the anti- wear additives to protect 2006 and up emissions equipment (catalytic converter) and this ILAC GF-4 oil is bad for older cars. Mobile 1 high mileage oil has all the anti-wear additives (zinc for one) that the older cars require, plus the additive package contains chemistry that keeps the internals clean. I have also noticed that Honda is big on maintenance not only regarding miles but short service intervals. I am not sure what that is all about I would like to know more myself. I think that you have to consider how your car is stored ...in a garage or in some kind of extreme conditions. On the other extreme years ago (60's/70's) we always changed oil between 3-4k and at my family Chrysler dealership we started noticing all the car manufactures extending the miles between oil changes to as high as 7.5k. The engines didn't really change and the oil still built up contaminates. Our best guess at the time was that it was a competition between manufactures to show who's car needed the least maintenance. I am still changing all oil at 3-4k.

I switched my 92 with 18k over to Mobile 1 for older cars after reading an article that stated that today all motor oil producers are required to remove the anti- wear additives to protect 2006 and up emissions equipment (catalytic converter) and this ILAC GF-4 oil is bad for older cars. Mobile 1 high mileage oil has all the anti-wear additives (zinc for one) that the older cars require, plus the additive package contains chemistry that keeps the internals clean. I have also noticed that Honda is big on maintenance not only regarding miles but short service intervals. I am not sure what that is all about I would like to know more myself. I think that you have to consider how your car is stored ...in a garage or in some kind of extreme conditions. On the other extreme years ago (60's/70's) we always changed oil between 3-4k and at my family Chrysler dealership we started noticing all the car manufactures extending the miles between oil changes to as high as 7.5k. The engines didn't really change and the oil still built up contaminates. Our best guess at the time was that it was a competition between manufactures to show who's car needed the least maintenance. I am still changing all oil at 3-4k.
Ahh, the magic word no one normally considers. "Zinc"! I use to add zinc to my Grand National motors to keep camshafts from prematurely wearing flat. But zinc's a whole other discussion topic, but yes, zinc plays a vital role in older engines. I can't be specific on Japanese engines though but on the older American iron it does.

Even though i think Castrol sucks personaly, some oils don't mix well. Seen it when i turned wrenches for a living. Stay with one oil unless you are rebuilding. Better safe than sorry.

Back