• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

catalytic converter failures history.....

6/3/05
I have a 2000 nsx wilth 20k milies; a cat was replaces around 15k miles and now the other? cat need replacing per my dealer.. this came about due to the check eng. lite comming on and having the dealer check out the problem..
IS THIS A COMMON PROBLEM WITH THE NSX????
Also, at first, the dealer said 1500.00 for replacment. I then asked if this is covered under the calif. emissions warranties Oh, it is... but they charged me for the diagnosis & ordered the cat. After leaving the dearler, I read the NSX emissions warrantee and it says that diagnosis are also covered!!!! - so much for dealer trust..
Can anyone provide information on the above, T.Y. John Pearson - PEARSONASSOC.

This is a known problem with the cats and the 02 sensors. These parts are under extended warranty and all costs are covered for replacement. You should get the diagnostic fee back from the dealer that replaced your cats :frown:

PEARSONASSOC said:
6/3/05
After leaving the dearler, I read the NSX emissions warrantee and it says that diagnosis are also covered!!!! - so much for dealer trust..

Once a dealer tried to charge me a diagnosis fee for a TSB. I called Honda of America and they told me it was covered and if the dealer had any questions, he could call them. I informed the service manager who credited me back the diagnosis fee. You should just try to call him and see if you can get your money back.

Back