• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Changes for the 2021 NSX, if so what?

Changes for the 2021 NSX, if so what?

• Total voters
Type "S": RWD only - no electric- HP in the 600's w/TT 6 cylinder at a lower starting price point.

I agree.

Here's a chop that straightens that lead edge out (aka gen 1 homage) and kinda gives them their superman grill cake-and-eat-it-too :)

NSX-Perenich-Goldie-Chop_v4.jpg

Your best chop yet Vf!!!

Cease production? That's ridiculous. Honda still has it, and the Civic Type R is proof.

They need to double down and stay with this product as a flagship for the company. If so, they it can hone it over time. You think every 911 and Corvette model was great? No. There were some marginal efforts by Porsche and Chevy over the years. And this NSX is much better than marginal.

Stay with it Honda. You got this.

That's a great photochop!

Stay with it Honda. You got this.
What they've 'got' is a super expensive bespoke factory sitting idle most of the time. I hope they keep the NSX around for many many years but I hope more they figure out how to reallocate the capacity of that Ohio factory.

Heck if I was on the board, i'd recommend designing a S2000 replacement so they can use the resources of that factory.

Last edited:
[QUOTE

What they've 'got' is a super expensive bespoke factory sitting idle most of the time. I hope they keep the NSX around for many many years but I hope more they figure out how to reallocate the capacity of that Ohio factory.

Heck if I was on the board, i'd recommend designing a S2000 replacement so they can use the resources of that factory.[/QUOTE]

They are building the 2020 Acura TLX at the NSX factory. https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2020-acura-tlx-pmc-edition-nsx-factory-photos-price/

That's a great photochop!

Heck if I was on the board, i'd recommend designing a S2000 replacement so they can use the resources of that factory.

Unfortunately I think part of the problem of the perception of the new NSX is that it's built in Ohio. Sadly, most of us Japanese car enthusiasts would rather have our Japanese halo car designed, engineered, and built in... Japan.

An S2000 replacement done in Ohio would probably be 1.) vetoed because that team really didn't produce a very successful NSX, and 2.) have the same perception issue stated above.

wow! That was from April. I'm behind. Glad to know they found a way to slow the hemorrhaging
[QUOTE

They are building the 2020 Acura TLX at the NSX factory. https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2020-acura-tlx-pmc-edition-nsx-factory-photos-price/[/QUOTE]

IF... they make a 2021 then the following must happen:
- Redesign interior with more storage room, good cup holders, blind spot detection, lane departure warning, fwd emerg braking
- New price starting at $119K
- R version, lighter, less options stated above at 150 more hp supercar at $199k

Sorry.... can’t build a “Everyday” sports car and have less options and creature comforts and safety than most super cars. It’s 2020... makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF... they make a 2021 then the following must happen:
- Redesign interior with more storage room, good cup holders, blind spot detection, lane departure warning, fwd emerg braking
- New price starting at $119K
- R version, lighter, less options stated above at 150 more hp supercar at $199k

Sorry.... can’t build a “Everyday” sports car and have less options and creature comforts and safety than most super cars. It’s 2020... makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of which will happen...

MC

The 2019 Tokyo Motor Show where the new NSX-R was rumored to debut has come and gone. The biggest reveal was the new Honda Fit.

The original NSX saw the Type R debut for its 4th year of Japanese production, which is where we are now on the new NSX. Of course, sales for the new car are much slower than sales of the original.

Personally I am very surprised that Honda is not capitalizing on the Type R name in some way, as the new Civic Type R is still selling like hotcakes. You would think the marketing people would notice that.

https://global.honda/newsroom/news/2019/c190926eng.html

Last edited:
The 2019 Tokyo Motor Show where the new NSX-R was rumored to debut has come and gone. The biggest reveal was the new Honda Fit.

The original NSX saw the Type R debut for its 4th year of Japanese production, which is where we are now on the new NSX. Of course, sales for the new car are much slower than sales of the original.

Personally I am very surprised that Honda is not capitalizing on the Type R name in some way, as the new Civic Type R is still selling like hotcakes. You would think the marketing people would notice that.

That's all a bit discouraging. I think the marketing department needs a clean out.

On a separate note, I wonder if the low roof rails around the top of the side windows making ingress/egress difficult is an unusual characteristic of exotics these days and if so, if that should be on the list for the update?

I think there are two reasons why a Type R will not come around anytime soon.

1. They must realize that to gain the Type R performance everyone is expecting they'd have to ditch the EV components. Effectively this would publicly admit the Hybrid platform is a failure.

2. If they must keep the hybrid, I don't think the performance gain is significant enough to warrant a Type R variant. The battery energy density has simply not improved (yet)

I think the type R could still work with more of everything.... maybe shaving 200 lbs from whatever...some aero bits from the gt3 car....up the boost to net around 650 hp...cup tires ect.....

I think the type R could still work with more of everything.... maybe shaving 200 lbs from whatever...some aero bits from the gt3 car....up the boost to net around 650 hp...cup tires ect.....
In some sense I agree. Honda could choose to shave weight and add more ICE power the traditional way. I think there's a relatively easy engineering road map for that already. I just don't think that would support their corporate 'Earth Dreams' mantra and I could see upper management not wanting to do this. It would be super cool though if they came out with a lighter, more powerful Type R.

FYI: Honda publicly just "paused" Hydrogen. In my mind, that's basically an admission of failure of the hydrogen platform.

They should explore methane.....:biggrin:

how much more renewable could you get....:biggrin:

I love a good "who dunnit" happy sleuthing....

Back