• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Changing colors?

Since 33% of all NSX produced for the U.S. is red exterior with black interior and of course thats my color, I wouldn't mind changing the exterior to that new silver. My problem is I don't have a scratch on my NSX and its hard to justify a new paint job.
Also I like the roof color matching the body which gives a more integrated look. What is roughly the cost and would this hurt the cars value because its not original
to the year produced? Any thoughts?

7-10k for a body off color change is in line for a premium color change.
In most cases you will depreciate the street value of the car.
If you do decide to do it I would seriously concider "are you going to keep the car for 5+ years.In other words to get your $$ enjoyment out of the new color change etc.etc.
Definatly suggest documentation w/ names dates and places notorized documents from the person who does the work w/ date stamped pictures (and video of the start during and completion)to help maintain as much value as possible some and most will view the color changed vehicle as a less desirable purchase upon it's sale.(They will think the car was possibly wrecked etc.)The above helps add validity to your desire to do the color change for asthetic reasons solely.And gives the purchaser the trust in your product at it's true face value.
I did a full body off color change from black to Spa-Pearl Yellow .Its the car in the pic to the left .
Good luck in your decision....
PEACE

------------------

would only do a color change on a black car (like myself) if i was going to change red i would change it to cranberry that is close or if i had a silver nsx i would change that to kiezer silver but red to kiezer silver is to much of a change imo

Uh...for $5k-$10k, couldn't you just sell your car and buy the color you want? At least you won't have to deal with questions when you go to sell as to why you repainted. Just a thought.

Back