• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

changing the emblem?

Do a search, I did this to my '01 NSX and replaced the factory emblem with an Integra Type R, red emblem to match the car. It looks terrific.

very easy... i debadged my subaru in practically no time.... maybe i too will swap the nsx's with a red type r bagde..

use a heat gun or hair dryer and carefully seperate the glue behind the bagde with floss... then clean up any remaining glue with some paint cleaner...

good luck

red_dragon said:
very easy... i debadged my subaru in practically no time.... maybe i too will swap the nsx's with a red type r bagde..

use a heat gun or hair dryer and carefully seperate the glue behind the bagde with floss... then clean up any remaining glue with some paint cleaner...

good luck

Actually, the Acura oem emblem is rivited through the bumper so just using floss will not do the job. But otherwise everything else you mentioned is the correct way to rmove it.

You can pry it off very easily but there will be two holes so make sure you have a replacement emblem that will cover them. I had my emblem removed and the holes filled in when the front of my car was repainted as I prefer the shaved look without any emblems.

OK, you can actually use the floss to cut the plastic pins on the factory emblem.

But, here is the way to proceed:

I used the 3M blue painters tape and taped off the emblem with about three layers of tape to protect the surrounding painted surface. I taped it tight around the emblem.

Using a hair dryer and being patient, heat the emblem nicely so that the adhesive backing becomes pliable.

The I used a plastic decal spreader, and began to work the edge of it under the emblem and worked my way around the emblem, going all the way around the emblem and working a little further in each time around. Eventually you will be able to see the 2 pins that locate the emblem to the nose.

I then took some good dental floss and "sawed" the plastic pins off. They are plastic and this was pretty easy. Then once through the pins, the emblem pops off.

Next I removed the 3M tape and used some adhesive remover and cleaned, polished and waxed the nose area. Then I installed the new emblem. Now I had to revove the 2 pins from the back of the new emblem first since the Integra Type R pins do not align witht he factory holes. You do not need the pins as the adhesive is more than sufficient to hold the emblem to the nose. Once installed, I waxed the nose again and admired the new emblem.

Cairo94507 said:
OK, you can actually use the floss to cut the plastic pins on the factory emblem.

But, here is the way to proceed:

I used the 3M blue painters tape and taped off the emblem with about three layers of tape to protect the surrounding painted surface. I taped it tight around the emblem.

Using a hair dryer and being patient, heat the emblem nicely so that the adhesive backing becomes pliable.

The I used a plastic decal spreader, and began to work the edge of it under the emblem and worked my way around the emblem, going all the way around the emblem and working a little further in each time around. Eventually you will be able to see the 2 pins that locate the emblem to the nose.

I then took some good dental floss and "sawed" the plastic pins off. They are plastic and this was pretty easy. Then once through the pins, the emblem pops off.

Next I removed the 3M tape and used some adhesive remover and cleaned, polished and waxed the nose area. Then I installed the new emblem. Now I had to revove the 2 pins from the back of the new emblem first since the Integra Type R pins do not align witht he factory holes. You do not need the pins as the adhesive is more than sufficient to hold the emblem to the nose. Once installed, I waxed the nose again and admired the new emblem.

Yes, do as advised in the above post. However, I went the extra step in installing my new "H" badge. IMO, I just wanted to make sure it's firmly attached without the possibility of it getting stolen. I was in the process of installing a set of JDM fog lights and had to remove the front bumper anyways. So at the same time I swapped out the original "A" emblem for the "H" emblem. On the original "A" emblem attached to my car, there are actually round metal clips that are attached to the 2 plastic prongs/tabs which I've reused for the new "H" badge. So if you just shear off the 2 plastic prongs/tabs, you're not utilizing the round metal clips which probably fallen inside your front bumper. But you know, this is all a personal preference.

NMYMIRR said:
... IMO, I just wanted to make sure it's firmly attached without the possibility of it getting stolen ..... So if you just shear off the 2 plastic prongs/tabs, you're not utilizing the round metal clips which probably fallen inside your front bumper. ....
Just to be clear - you cannot utilize the clips unless you have the bumper off (I know you know this Jackson) - I believe the point of the method by Cairo is not requiring the bumper to be removed which, while not too onerous, not trivial either.
If someone tried to steal my emblem (which incidentally has much less contact area than the OEM and has been there for ~ 3 years now!) I think I would much prefer not to have the pins secured by the clips - much more likelihood of damage to the car as some kid tries to remove it. If they want it they can have it!

D'Ecosse said:
Just to be clear - you cannot utilize the clips unless you have the bumper off (I know you know this Jackson) - I believe the point of the method by Cairo is not requiring the bumper to be removed which, while not too onerous, not trivial either.
If someone tried to steal my emblem (which incidentally has much less contact area than the OEM and has been there for ~ 3 years now!) I think I would much prefer not to have the pins secured by the clips - much more likelihood of damage to the car as some kid tries to remove it. If they want it they can have it!

Point taken. There is no right or wrong way to install/reinstall a hood emblem. I just like to put things back the way it came originally. That is my point.

Folks,
I just purchase a 2017 NSX. The previous owner removed the bonnet and back bumper emblems .
I want to install them back. Upon received the OEM badges from local dealership, I notice there are no prongs at the back of the emblems but stick tapes. Now the question is how to install in the exact position. Note Audi R8, the worker uses a template to guide the installation so how about this NSX?

Attachments

• IMG_1848.JPG
    IMG_1848.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 11
  • epp-233g_2048x1536.jpg
    epp-233g_2048x1536.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 4
  • QUVS6849.JPG
    QUVS6849.JPG
    307.4 KB · Views: 10
same ..there is a little template tool..

Attachments

• Photo Oct 26 2022, 3 05 40 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 26 2022, 3 05 40 PM.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Photo Oct 26 2022, 3 06 03 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 26 2022, 3 06 03 PM.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 12
Honestly just eyeball it...my PPF guy had to remove it and did not have the template. Besides then it becomes......bespoke!!!!

Back