• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Charlotte Area NSX Owners- possible meeting??

Hello,

Have wanted to post this for some time but for some reason I am just getting around to it. May have missed most of the nice fall days already, but. . .

I have seen on this forum a pretty large Triangle grouping of NSXs but have wondered if there are a number of Charlotte area owners that would be up for a Saturday morning meet/drive or a lunch outing on a Sat or Sunday?

I have only spotted one or two other NSXs in the Charlotte but that does not mean much because mine is sort of a garage Queen too! Mostly because of limited seat time.

Wanted to meet up with all that are interested in a gathering before the weather gets a bit too spotty.

Look forward to your responses!

Michael

There is a pretty active Lotus group over that way. They have a Lake Lure drive on the 15th. There is one NSX in that group besides me but I can't remember his name. I've also been on a couple of mountain runs with Myrelise and Bobselise, both good guys. I may be up for a run anytime. If you want to hang out with the Loti, let me know.

http://www.carolinacarclubs.com/forum/index.php

:cool:

Mirroredshades,

I have hung out with the Lotus guys before and thinking of doing the Lake Lure run as well. Trying to find some other NSX owners in the area that might want to join that group.

When I lived in Raleigh I would see a differenent NSX about every month in Charlotte I have only seen two in my few years here. Just trying to shake the trees to see if anyone comes out.

Hello Michael,
Sounds great! GSO/Raleigh is a little far for me even though i have wanted to get up there. I would like to see something in Charlotte in the next few weeks.
Peter

Hello Michael,
Sounds great! GSO/Raleigh is a little far for me even though i have wanted to get up there. I would like to see something in Charlotte in the next few weeks.
Peter

Hi Peter. Been awhile. I'm in Charlotte (davidson area) alot. I'll be there on the 10th BTW. Anyway. Let me know I'll come up.

Hello Charles....Do you drive your NSX to Davidson? Monday the 10th might work for me for dinner in the Charlotte area.
I am at SEMA now in Vegas checking out the new stuff. Get home Friday am.
Peter

Hello Charles....Do you drive your NSX to Davidson? Monday the 10th might work for me for dinner in the Charlotte area.
Peter

Concorde Mills area might get some Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point (even Raleigh) interest.

Peter

Naw, I'm on a construction site and I don't like all that red dirt in my car. So, I drive my truck. I'l be there this Tuesday for walk thru.

I'm all in favor of a Concord Mills area meeting if we can get the Raleigh GSO people to attend.....
Let's try and do it before the weather turns..

Great! I am glad to see there are more Charlotte area NSX owners than I thought.

I am not much of a planner but so I am up for suggestions. I know the weather will turn on us in a heartbeat around here in a few weeks, so we better start thinking. It would be nice to get together for a lunch on Saturday or Sunday and sit around and talk cars. Also is anyone is up for a drive that too would be cool.

I am open to any suggestions on dates, locations, times, etc. . . .let me know. I wondered what would be the most central location. If we do it near Lake Norman/Huntersville area we may get some Winston/GRB owners to join in, plus there are some cool twisty roads up there that we can cruise on.

Let me know!

Michael

348 is being a typical italian car, with it's little issues and niggles. But it's holding up better than the girlfriend, who I had to ditch cause she was a bit nuts... Boy I miss that house... :)

Hope those wheels were able to be put to use... :)

I 'm in Hickory and I will come up. Whats this weekend look like The 22nd because the following is Thanksgiving. Just set a place and time and we will see what happens.

guys, the 22 will not work for me and Thanksgiving is the following week. I would be able to make it during the day on Dec. 5th or 6th. I cannot plan as i do not know of places that would be car friendly but would like to come.....
Can come north of Charlotte or to the Concord area
Peter

If you settle on 12/5 I'll be in Uptown Charlotte from SoCal, I;ll try and make it. Gil

I'm out that weekend, got some out of town business to take care of. Course I don't matter since I'm not a member of the family any more... :)

Ha. A Ferrari is always welcome. You heard from Shannon? He seems to have vanished. Is he still around?

I talked to Daxman (Berry) a while back, and he said that Shannon had moved to the west coast (CA) and was serious with some chick, and that's all I know. i've tried sending emails, etc. but nothing comes back. I know his car was on here a while back for a GREAT price...

If the get together is not the 6th, I'm in. That's the only day I'm tied up... :(

OK sorry guys, I have been off line for a few days.

Here is what I was thinking. The concept would be similar to what they have on the west coast in LA called "Coffee and Cars". It is a monthly gathering on the 1st Saturday of the month. I am shooting for Saturday DEC 6 (weather promitting) to be the 1st event, @ 9:00 am-until. That way you hang out in the morning, gather those who want to go for a drive and still have the rest of your Saturday to do your 'honey do lists'. Who ever shows up, shows up. You come and go as you please. I was thinking a good meeting place would be at North Lake Mall ext 18 on I-77 near the Panera Bread Company.

There is a very large parking alot adjacent to the mall and it is very easy access for those from Lake Norman, Winston, as well as from Central and South Charlotte.

You can show up sip coffee and talk cars. I have seen a similar group in Raleigh involve several different clubs- P Cars, Lotus, Italian makes, Cobras, Vipers etc. If you know of other web sites that cater to those car collectors feel free to post. I will gauge from this post who feels like showing up.

I hope this catches on because it will be a lot of fun to hang out with those with similar interest.

Michael

Back