• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check out car in H-Town?

I am looking for a beater and there is a 93 Teg in Houston that is a candidate. If it is convenient, could someone swing by and check it out for me? It is at Express Auto Store, not sure exacty where that is (don't know Houston well), but their number is 832-455-9863.

All I need is some idea of the general condition of the car and what type of engine is in it (the ad is conflicting on that point). If you are not a Honda four-banger buff, just jot down the engine code and I will be grateful.

Thanks.

I might be able to check it out. Could you find out what area in Houston and by what major streets. I maybe free Saturday. I have a 91 Teg(daily driver) and 93 NSX.
Let me know....
Z

David, I know exactly where that is. Its right next to the shop where I take my motorcycles for service. It's also right on the way home from me. I can swing by tomorrow after work and check it out. What exactly do you want to know besides the engine code?
Regards
Z

Originally posted by NSX FoYoAss:
What exactly do you want to know besides the engine code?

Thank you very much. I just want to know the general condition of the car. The ad is contradictory about a few specifics and the seller doesn not seem to have a good handle on the specs, so that is why I would like the engine code. The ad says it is a VTEC motor, but that model did not come with one, except for the GSR, so I am currious whether it was swapped (good) or the seller is just wrong. They also say it is an auto when the vin and photos indicate a 5 spd. Frustrating.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Yeah, I noticed the same things. Judging by the pics, the engine looks like mine(non-vtec). I'll check out for you tomorrow.

Unless I'm mistaken, 92-93 GS-R had close to 8000 rpm redline. The pic of the dash shows ~6800 rpm for redline.

Beside the engine looking "non-VTEC", it looks like "DOHC" is on the side molding. I think 92-93 GS-Rs say GS-R (or VTEC or something else).

The VTEC thing must be a mistake considering the other mistakes in the description.

Bummer.

------------------
ojaspatel.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by Ojas (edited 29 January 2003).]

FYI, I'll be leaving work at about 3:30pm and I'll stop by and take a look for you. I'll give you an email when I get home to give you the scoop.
Regards
Z

David, just got back from checking out the Teg for you. I was going to email you, but no email in your profile.
Anyways, the engine is the original DOHC 1.8 non-vtec. The cars condition is pretty good. Looks like its been painted the original color again. The body seems straight, besides the aftermarket front bumper that doesnt align really well, and both of the front 2 fenders are bent/slightly damaged right behind the front rims. Its hard to explain, but its the area where the car has mud guards?? The car has an aftermarket headunit and a bazooka type sub. The interior looks pretty nice for 163k or whatever the miles were. If you need to know anything else, please post or email me....
Good Luck
Z

Hey, did you bid on that car? I saw the auction ended with the seller closing it out.
Z

No problem. I bought my 91 Teg from my neighbor for $1000. Original owner with 110k on the clock. I think you can find a better deal then that one.
Good luck on your search....
Z

Back