• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Checking for a pulse

I have noticed there is a growing number of Chicagoland NSXers. When are there any Midwest meetings planned and who plans them? I recall an old Midwest website that had meetings monthly in Highland Park. Unfortunately none of them worked with my schedule. This year I would like like to make an effort to make it out. That will however mean that I have to make those afternoon/evenings "business meeting free" in advance. If there is a calendar of events posted anywhere that would obviously be a temendous asset for me. Any help or advice from the seasoned Chicago NSXers would be appreciated.

Regards,
Pete
Bloomingdale IL

[This message has been edited by worldsport (edited 03 March 2001).]

[This message has been edited by worldsport (edited 03 March 2001).]

Hi there World Sport,
There is a very active bumch of NSXCA members in the Chicago area. We have a monthly meeting at Pauly Acura In Highland Park on the first wed of every month at 6:00 pm. We talk for a while, and then go out for dinner someplace near by.
I suggest you join the MW Email list for more details, as once in a while, for one reason, or another, we do not meet.
I beleive you can sign up for the MW mailing list at the NSXCA website www.NSXCA.org

Hope to see you there

Steve

------------------
Steve
91 Black/Black #2363

Based on your response, am I to assume that you will be meeting this Wednesday? Is Pauly the Acura dealer across the street from the Indoor Soccer Facility?

TIA,
Pete

Well while the midwest is checking its pulse... Anyone and/or events located a bit more south of Chicago, say the cincinatti/louisville areas?

Originally posted by worldsport:
Based on your response, am I to assume that you will be meeting this Wednesday? Is Pauly the Acura dealer across the street from the Indoor Soccer Facility?
Yes we will be meeting this Wed @ 6:30.
Yes Pauly is the dealer you are thinking of, however I beleive it further north that the Indoor soccer facility, but I could be wrong.

CORRECTED!! tHE MEETING IS @ 6:30PM!!!!

------------------
Steve
91 Black/Black #2363

[This message has been edited by SJJ28 (edited 05 March 2001).]

Just a few notes to add...

We are considering changing the time and place of our monthly meetings. There has been a lot of support for doing them on weekends (say, Saturdays late morning) rather than during the week, so that folks (particularly those coming from a distance) don't have to buck rush hour traffic. A different meeting place is also under consideration. Time and place to be designated.

We are planning a golf event followed by dinner (golfers and non-golfers welcome to either), possibly for the June weekend when Lud is in town.

We have decided to skip our annual Midwest NSX JazzFest (after holding it four times) because the same folks who would be working on that event are working hard on arrangements for NSXPO 2001, which will be held in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. Hold the dates October 18-21 open - having NSXPO (and 100+ NSX's in one place) so close to home is a real treat!

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 12 March 2001).]

Well while the midwest is checking its pulse... Anyone and/or events located a bit more south of Chicago, say the cincinatti/louisville areas?

Each of the last couple of years there has been an NSX Club event held in Dayton in late August.

Back