• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago Autoshow

ak

Legendary Member
I went to the Chicago Autoshow today. NSX was there...a red one. It was sitting somewhat in the back of the whole Acura section but people were still checking it out. I must say, it's still one of the best looking car in that whole show.

In another note, this years demo car theme seemed to be "Let's combine SUV and sports car and see what kind of ugly cars we can come up with!"....my every company had an ugly sedan with high suspension and big brembo brakes....what's up with that!

I went to the Portland Auto Show last weekend, I had the same feeling. Everything kinda took a turn for the worst latley as far as car design. There was a yellow (I think) NSX there, got a lot of looks, one of the best looking cars there...had some tough competition with a Ferarri F360 Modena, and an F550 there...Other than that, no competition...even after 10 years...11 now I guess, since these are the 2001's.

At the L.A. Auto Show, the only three exotics I liked were the Porsche Carrera GT prototype (sports some NSX influences...the first Porsche that I actually like), the Ferrari 360 Spyder (how can you not like it), and the yellow NSX-T.

I bought my 2000 NSX because I was afraid the next-gen NSX would suffer the same fate as other "updated" cars (Acura RS-X and TL Type S, Nissan Z, Toyota Celica and MR2, Dodge Viper or any American sports car for that matter, etc.). What's the deal with car designers?

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Actually I thought the new Viper looked decent. I like it better than the current one. Gotta love those big fat tires on the rear that says big HP. heehe

Back