• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago Indoor Karting

Q

Experienced Member
Hey Everyone!

It's been too long since I've seen all of you, and for Pete's sake, it's June already!!!! :eek: And what type of event could possibly get our crazy crew back together? :rolleyes: Let's go racing At Chicago Indoor Karting!!

I realize everyone's summer schedule is starting to get booked up, so lets try to hammer out a date and roster ASAP. I confirmed with CIK that Friday nights are usually easier to book and will give us the best chance to keep the group together. Doing it on a Friday night will also keep your Saturday and Sundays free for family stuff. So, what do you say? I'm going to propose these dates based on talking with CIK today:

June 12th or June 26th at the Addison facility.

They have two packages available that I think would work best for us. First is their Arrive & Drive, which is $95 for 7 races, and that includes your annual license fee. The only caveat to this is that you MUST call and reserve your spot by 10AM on race day to make sure you get a spot. The Arrive & Drives are basically filling holes in their schedules, so you can potentially get a great rate. Again, Fridays are pretty dead for them so it probably won't be an issue. The other package is a Grand Prix where you pay $60 for basically 3 races, however the races are longer and you compete for points. Minimum group is 10, but it will also guarantee we all race together. CIK will be sending me some info on the Grand Prix package in the next day or so.

Check out the site:

I'm good for both those dates. I'll need a week head start to arrange a babysitter.

I'll ask around for other attendees.

Last edited:
Both days are good for me also

Brian

Party Cove Jet Ski Invasion is the 26, 27, 28th. I can go the 12th though.

I've always wanted to try this. Sadly, all my weekends in June are practically booked. :(

I think they want to go on a Friday night. Is that doable?

OK guys, I'm flipping a coin (literally) to decide the date. Heads and it's the 12th, tails and it's the 26th.

Heads wins - we're a go for the 12th.

I'm in. Too much fun.

I'm calling dibs on putting Randy in the wall.

Now, I didn't say I wouldn't go fishing with the man. All I'm saying is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.:biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_90tfqwXc0A&feature=related

The real trick is to remember not to take your foot off the throttle-- EVER.

I'm good for the 12th. Arrive and drive is ok with me if there aren't enough for the group events.

Last edited:
Since it looks like we're going to have less than 10 drivers, we'll just do the Arrive and Drive. Let's figure out a time to meet, say about 8:00 or so? What's good for you guys?

I'd like to do the drive into the city as well.

Would have stopped by to do this but I will be there the next day for a Mini-GP / bachelor party.

I have been doing 7 races for $70 deal there on the Arrive and Drive plan. The only thing you must be carefull with this deal is that they do not schedule you for 3-4 races back to back.

We have reservations for 8 people at 8:00. Our first race will start at 8:40, last race will be at 10:20. We will be taking some breaks in between races, and trust me, if you've never raced before you'll need those breaks.

If more people want to show up, post here right away so I can call and add more to the reservation.

Please be sure to arrive promptly at 8:00!!! For those who haven't raced before, you'll need to sit through a short safety video and get your driving gear!

I'll be there at 8:00...with my car that looks and sounds like an NSX should. 'bout time!

Thanks to everyone who made it out last Friday. I think just about everyone at some point was put into the wall (sorry Randy :wink:).

It would be cool if we could make this a monthly event. Also, I was talking to the Miata guys after they got done racing, and they said the Norway kart track rents out events too. The cool thing is that it's a long track with a high bank oval, and supposedly the karts get up to around 40-50 MPH. THAT sounds like fun!

Back