• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clarion Radio Retrofit Problem - Settings Loss

I have a retrofit radio developed by Williams Electronics (Garland Tx) that has performed well over the past two years since installation. Every so often the unit goes dark and loses all of its settings. It seems to happen after I touch the unit. Maybe it's due to static electricity from my finger or something. Anyone else experiencing this problem and have a solution? The unit is properly grounded. I have not contacted Clarion or Williams Electronics yet to ask about it yet.

Make sure the memory wire (usually yellow) has constant 12V. And that it is not being lost due to a dead battery, etc. If that and your ground are solid all the way from radio to power and ground the radio may have an issue.

Clarion won't help you because the radio was chopped up and installed inside you OEM unit. Your best bet is to call Willman and send them back the unit. When I had mine a wire had come loose inside and had to be re-soldered.

Back