• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cleaning Leather seats

There are products for cleaning leather, and products for conditioning leather.

For cleaning, you can often get by with a damp cloth. For tough dirt, you might try Lexol leather cleaner.

For conditioner, I really like Zymol Treat. It doesn't have any solvents, which accelerate aging. Treat is a banana-oil and collagen-based feeding product that releases trapped solvents and restores moisture to keep your leather looking, feeling, and smelling like new. (Collagens are what's in the natural leather, so it's using the same stuff as the original to restore the natural supple feel to it.) Great stuff. Smells nice, too. Must be the banana oil, lemon seed oil, and coconut oil. Mmmmm. :D

I just got the Lexol Conditioner and Cleaner from Detailers Paradise (great service/products), It worked great on my Tan seats. Also got the Lexol Vinyl Care but haven't tried it yet.

coolnsx, thank you for shopping with us. We appreciate your business.:)

FramerJohn,
How bad are the seats? For mild cleaning and conditioning, Lexol works great. For seats that may be a bit dry (2 years without treatment) or light colored and pretty dirty, you may want to consider Leatherique. It is significantly more work, but the results are amazing.

I do a Leatherique treatment every six to eight months and use Lexol once a month.

Last edited:
Lexol Vinyl leaves a shiny finish to it. If you like it, great. I personally don't like the "greasy" look it leaves behind on the dash.

That's great!!!

If your seats are still not up to par... you should consider the leatherique... that's stuff is real good..

-x-

I have a 92 with ivory/black interior. Based on my personal experience, Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner works really well for my ivory seats. Somehow, it makes the Ivory seats whiter which is good for ivory seat. For the black leather part, I like Lexol Conditioner better.

I've been used the combo for two years. I am pretty happy with the result. Every two to three months, I would hand rub the ivory seat with Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner first, waited about 10 -15 minutes, wiped the seat clean with a white towel. Hand rub the seat again with Lexol Conditioner, wait 10-15 minutes, wiped the seat clean with another white towel. I know it’s very time-consuming. I guess it’s the price I have to pay to have ivory leather seats
;)

Have you guys tried Zaino leather in a bottle?? The cleaner works excellent on minor to moderate stains. The conditioner is wonderful. No greasy film left afterwards, and it makes your leather smell like leather. I had ecru leather on my Lexus SC430 and it was hard to keep clean. Zaino really made them look good and made them stay that way. Definitely what I'll be using on my new NSX when it gets here this week. Especially since Acura takes away the leathery smell, this would give that olfactory pleasure back!!!!

I also have used the Zaino Leather treatment and have enjoyed the results. And the leather smell is very nice!

another vote for the Z10 Zaino Leather conditioner.. If u try Lexol conditioner and then try Zaino, you wont go back to the Lexol. I'm not really partial towards Zaino polishes and all but the leather in a bottle is awesome! Bought 3 bottles lol.

As for extremely dirty leather or stained white or tan leather, Get a bar of ivory soap and dip the soap in warm water ... let the soap sit int he bowl for a minute and then get the bar and scrub the seats using the bar of soap..theres not much scrubbing involved..just a little...the dirt loosens up and then just get another dry towel and clean up the mess the ivory loosened up. I did this on my friends anniversary Vette and oh my lord... dam it looked brand new! The just apply some leather conditioner and you are ready to go!:D

Any updates on Zymol Treat?

zy_301_l.jpg

I'm curious just for the sake of making my NSX smell expensive.

Lexol, zaino, zymol.... Everybody swears by what they use and the more I read, the more I don't know what to use on my tan leather seats.

Lexol, zaino, zymol.... Everybody swears by what they use and the more I read, the more I don't know what to use on my tan leather seats.

I've used Lexol and thought it was good until I tried Zymol (not the feed) and Zaino.

Both Z & Z are what I consider the top 2 brands for car care.

Anyone looking for a good laugh, use the site's search feature and search for "zymes". :biggrin:

Btw, I use Lexol products for anything leather.

Last edited:
Back