• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clear Bra Materials in 2013

Ben

Experienced Member
A question to the collective group.

What's the latest on clear bra materials out there?

I've not had one done in awhile.

Is 3M still good?

I've heard that Venture has improved their product after complaints that it didn't last long.

Now, there's a brand called X-Pel. (I've seen the earlier 2 threads below, which seem generally positive.)

Pros/Cons of each?

Last edited:
Last fall, I had a 3M product called VentureShield. Did the full front clip, up to the leading edge of the roof, A-Pillars and mirrors. So far so good, no discoloring or lifting, but it's only been about 6 mos.

Don't know about that vendor or product...

the good stuff is Xpel Ultimate, glossy, self healing, deflects rocks like a pro goalie

I got 3m VentureShield on my front bumper (with WW lip) for $280 installed. Looks great and I have a 5 year warrany :)

Got it done at Auto Image in Wichita, I didnt watch them install it but its very precisely cut along all of the edges. I was really impressed, you really cant tell it's there because I only got it covered to the natural ending point on the bumper.

I just had a good look at a silverstone with the self heal xpel..and wow was it tough to see..very oem look.Of course the install is key,but it was very subtle.

Back