• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clearcorner LED tail lights

Brandon,

i ordered a set but don't have them yet.

for pic's, check their website... but i guess you have already done that, what are you looking for exactly ??

AC

The light emitted from the tail lights does not look much different from stock to me, so I was looking for additional pics. In addition to that I just wanted some feedback. Did you order the silver or matt black finish ?

I ordered silver finish for my new NSX-R taillamp. Color of the lamp is the same as +02 US specs., the center lense is the only difference with an H badge in red. The black finish would make them a little darker, didn't want that.

AC

I have them, and they look fantastic. With this in mind, it took 10 months for everything to be:

Sent to me
Sent back to them
Sent back to me
Sent back to them
Sent back to me.

For my complete story, please visit this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68765

djdrock said:
I have them, and they look fantastic. With this in mind, it took 10 months for everything to be:

Sent to me
Sent back to them
Sent back to me
Sent back to them
Sent back to me.

For my complete story, please visit this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68765
Thank you for taking the time to document your experience with Clearcorners in the other thread. I have an interest, but I personally can't risk a 10 month delay for them. I'm sure they look great, though!

I would be pretty pissed if it took that long. Thanks for documenting that will influence a lot of people's decision in buying from them.

haha! i just saw what you are talking about.......:cool: =P

ediddynsx said:
I would be pretty pissed if it took that long. Thanks for documenting that will influence a lot of people's decision in buying from them.

There was a time, that I was ready to fly out to California and, well, uhhh, talk with Mike. :rolleyes:

Autophile said:
Thank you for taking the time to document your experience with Clearcorners in the other thread. I have an interest, but I personally can't risk a 10 month delay for them. I'm sure they look great, though!

It really is a strange thing. He is the only person in the world that makes lights like these, and, he seriously knows his shit. For me, the experience was at times stressful. I doubt that it would take 10 months for anyone else doing this, as, he made some major changes to mine after sending them back the first time. In all fairness, these lights have to be a real pain in the ass to work on. Having to send them back, and back again was an incovenience, but not a deal-breaker for me in the way I looked at his service. Taking 10 months to get things right, is in no way acceptable. Period.

djdrock said:
There was a time, that I was ready to fly out to California and, well, uhhh, talk with Mike. :rolleyes:

It really is a strange thing. He is the only person in the world that makes lights like these, and, he seriously knows his shit. For me, the experience was at times stressful. I doubt that it would take 10 months for anyone else doing this, as, he made some major changes to mine after sending them back the first time. In all fairness, these lights have to be a real pain in the ass to work on. Having to send them back, and back again was an incovenience, but not a deal-breaker for me in the way I looked at his service. Taking 10 months to get things right, is in no way acceptable. Period.

Honestly after reading your other thread, it kinda made me a lil mad in a way. I mean sure it sounds like an excellent product, BUT 10 months...COME ON, guys finish FI engine blueprints, balance the engine and have the turbo system perfected before then. Were talking lights here, I man honestly how many orders could he possibly get a day?!?!? And then to kinda' blow you off... I would have probably lost it:eek: Well, all this trouble lets see some pics...

PISC! PICS! PICS! PICS!

:biggrin: :wink: :biggrin:

btcog82 said:
Honestly after reading your other thread, it kinda made me a lil mad in a way. I mean sure it sounds like an excellent product, BUT 10 months...COME ON, guys finish FI engine blueprints, balance the engine and have the turbo system perfected before then. Were talking lights here, I man honestly how many orders could he possibly get a day?!?!? And then to kinda' blow you off... I would have probably lost it:eek: Well, all this trouble lets see some pics...

PISC! PICS! PICS! PICS!

:biggrin: :wink: :biggrin:

Great avitar BTW.

What I found out, in doing my research on Mike and his comany is, he has another company (his daytime job) that takes priority over clearcorners.com. He honestly thought I was wacko for suggesting that I was losing trust in he and his company. Very very strange. Yes, I need to post some pics, but honestly, even as a decent photographer, it is nearly impossible to take great pics of lights, especially LED's.

Good fabrications take time. While 10 months sure is a good amount of time, there were various obstacles that popped up during David's taillamp conversion that should be taken into consideration. I dont want to rehash the story, but if you are going to criticise us -- atleast be recount the story in all of its entirety.

A few tidbids to think about:
1) When David first inquired about purchasing these lamps, I explained to him that they are very bright and if this is a street car, they would be too bright. They are particularly designed this way, its more of a race application. David did not mind the brightness and chose to leave them bright.

When David received his lamps, he ended up contacting us in the following weeks and complained that they were too bright. He wanted to do his own form of modifications to the lamp, like add in-line variable resistor, to try to adjust the brightness levels. It is clearly written in our product documentation that this is not allowed, and that if the product would remain under warranty that he must leave it all alone. David ended up agreeing and I suggested that he should send the lamps back to us for proper adjustment.

He had also mentioned that one of the lamps had water leakage and a few LEDs were not operating properly. When we received the lamps, we found no traces of water entry nor did the LED array have any issues - however, we figured it would be best to just swap the LED array with a new one, just to be on the safe side. We also made a change with one of our adhesives, not that it was a necessity, but just to keep things on the safe side. This epoxy was special ordered and had a 3-4 week lead time.

2) It is important to note that when we work on a lamp, you cannot access the LED array from the backside of the lamp. Anytime changes need to be made to the lamp, it involves full disassembly. In order to please David, we fully disassembled both lamps and completely modified the circuitry to make it function at a more conservative level, as requested. Having us de-tune these lights, is the equivelent of buying a race exhaust, then calling the manufacturer and telling them you'de like to return it and exchange it for one that is more quiet.

3) It is true, when David received them several months later, the main LED arrays somehow got loose. When the lamps were disassembled, they were also re-sprayed in silver paint. So, during shipping the lamp must have been jarred enough to loosen the adhesive and pull off that upper layer of paint. Its a shame this happened, but we quickly resolved the matter and sent them back once they were repaired.

We have been around for many years now, and we've built a good reputation in various communities. You'll probably never hear great things about our turn-around time, but you WILL hear good things about our attention to detail and professionalism. We are very careful and try not to over-expand our product base, by only focusing and specializing on a select amount of cars. We are not a huge company, but growth has been steady and anyone who has visited our retail office has always been impressed year after year with our success, accomplishments, and beautiful creations.

Presently, we have 5 sets of NSX lamps we are building up. We thank our customers for trusting us, and show our appreciation by fabricating top notch work for them. We just completed lamps for an R34 Skyline GT-R, and we didnt get this order by just being "good enough." Many of our customers come back to buy more product, especially after getting a taste of our product for the first time.

The point of this post was not to bring up any old dirt on David, because if we were to post any of his old e-mails -- it would show him in a pretty negative light. The point of this post, was to let others know that we really go out of our way to help please our customers as much as possible.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

ps: David, I do not own or operate any other companies - how are you running into these conclusions? I used to have a computer consulting firm, but that was over 8 years ago now.

KooLaid said:
I saw that when he first posted, lol.

As a complementary gift, he'll even rub his nuts all over em, lol jk

ewwwww!! :eek: thats just wrong man :tongue:

Pics of the lights please :biggrin:

djdrock said:
Yes, I need to post some pics, but honestly, even as a decent photographer, it is nearly impossible to take great pics of lights, especially LED's.
I believe it. I live in an area where a lot of movies and car commercials are filmed outdoors, and I've chatted up some of the people working on them. One car I saw being photographed had a dimmer console installed so that every exterior light's brightness could be adjusted individually to get the effect they wanted on film.

So the moral of the story...

old_S13 said:
Good fabrications take time. While 10 months sure is a good amount of time, there were various obstacles that popped up during David's taillamp conversion that should be taken into consideration. I dont want to rehash the story, but if you are going to criticise us -- atleast be recount the story in all of its entirety.

A few tidbids to think about:
1) When David first inquired about purchasing these lamps, I explained to him that they are very bright and if this is a street car, they would be too bright. They are particularly designed this way, its more of a race application. David did not mind the brightness and chose to leave them bright.

When David received his lamps, he ended up contacting us in the following weeks and complained that they were too bright. He wanted to do his own form of modifications to the lamp, like add in-line variable resistor, to try to adjust the brightness levels. It is clearly written in our product documentation that this is not allowed, and that if the product would remain under warranty that he must leave it all alone. David ended up agreeing and I suggested that he should send the lamps back to us for proper adjustment.

He had also mentioned that one of the lamps had water leakage and a few LEDs were not operating properly. When we received the lamps, we found no traces of water entry nor did the LED array have any issues - however, we figured it would be best to just swap the LED array with a new one, just to be on the safe side. We also made a change with one of our adhesives, not that it was a necessity, but just to keep things on the safe side. This epoxy was special ordered and had a 3-4 week lead time.

2) It is important to note that when we work on a lamp, you cannot access the LED array from the backside of the lamp. Anytime changes need to be made to the lamp, it involves full disassembly. In order to please David, we fully disassembled both lamps and completely modified the circuitry to make it function at a more conservative level, as requested. Having us de-tune these lights, is the equivelent of buying a race exhaust, then calling the manufacturer and telling them you'de like to return it and exchange it for one that is more quiet.

3) It is true, when David received them several months later, the main LED arrays somehow got loose. When the lamps were disassembled, they were also re-sprayed in silver paint. So, during shipping the lamp must have been jarred enough to loosen the adhesive and pull off that upper layer of paint. Its a shame this happened, but we quickly resolved the matter and sent them back once they were repaired.

We have been around for many years now, and we've built a good reputation in various communities. You'll probably never hear great things about our turn-around time, but you WILL hear good things about our attention to detail and professionalism. We are very careful and try not to over-expand our product base, by only focusing and specializing on a select amount of cars. We are not a huge company, but growth has been steady and anyone who has visited our retail office has always been impressed year after year with our success, accomplishments, and beautiful creations.

Presently, we have 5 sets of NSX lamps we are building up. We thank our customers for trusting us, and show our appreciation by fabricating top notch work for them. We just completed lamps for an R34 Skyline GT-R, and we didnt get this order by just being "good enough." Many of our customers come back to buy more product, especially after getting a taste of our product for the first time.

The point of this post was not to bring up any old dirt on David, because if we were to post any of his old e-mails -- it would show him in a pretty negative light. The point of this post, was to let others know that we really go out of our way to help please our customers as much as possible.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

ps: David, I do not own or operate any other companies - how are you running into these conclusions? I used to have a computer consulting firm, but that was over 8 years ago now.

I guess there's TWO sides to every story then:redface:, hmmm?!? Interesting!? Mike, it sounds like some parts of the story were left out, and I apologize if it sounds as though I may have attacked your company. I like my lights bright, would it be possible to to do my lights...?

10208new_X_pics_AUG06_001-med.jpg

Well, all in all it sounds like the problem was resolved and the customer is happy:wink:. So alls well that ends well:smile:!

Hi guys,

As i posted before, i ordered from ClearCorners.com (MiKe M). He has been very communicative so far. It has taken some time now but its ALL from my side, i took some time ordering new NSX-R taillmap.

He's one of the few persons (if not the only) who offers this mod., by the way this lamps look i'm sure i won't regreat it.

AC

pd. Mike, im keeping my fingers crossed :wink:

old_S13 said:

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

Mike...not to get into a pissing contest here, but, the harshest thing I said to you in an email might have been my patience is wearing very thin, and, that I would be taking legal action against you if I did not have my lights back. Either way, let the jury decide...

I thought you did have another company, a computer consulting firm that you operated during the day. I appologize for the confusion.

btcog82 said:
So the moral of the story...

I guess there's TWO sides to every story then:redface:, hmmm?!? Interesting!? Mike, it sounds like some parts of the story were left out, and I apologize if it sounds as though I may have attacked your company. I like my lights bright, would it be possible to to do my lights...?

Well, all in all it sounds like the problem was resolved and the customer is happy:wink:. So alls well that ends well:smile:!

I don't recall leaving any part of the story out. Regarding the brightness, Mike did tell me they would be very bright. When I sent them back to have the few LEDs that were out repaired, he agreed to adjust the brightness. Weeks with ignored email communications, promises to deliver, etc...I also said that Mike "knows his shit" and "stood by his promise to make things right."

Summary...I would imagine that almost anyone that has done business with Mike would attest to his workmanship, and promise to satisfy the customer. I truly believe that it was a case of two honest people getting caught in one of lifes episodes of "shit happens". I have tried to represent my version of what happened to the best of my recollection and abilities. And the few occasions I have had to "show off" my lights to fellow NSX owners, I told them that I doubt if they did the conversion, it will take as long as it did for me, as he made some major changes to the way they are made. It may be expensive, but a definite improvement over the factory lighting system. My goal was never to discredit Mike, but rather inform people of my experience.

Russ said:
djdrock: Best. Avatar. Ever.

20021859.thm.jpg

Thanks Russ. Why is your dog smiling? haha

Last edited:
veleno> I'll ask again like I did before when these first came out, can you make the light pattern round?

For the record, no - we will not be offering a round taillamp for the NSX. Our reason for this is based on the vehicle's taillamp design and how it flows with the body. We feel the NSX's unique taillamp design is special and distinguishes it from the plethora of cars that use round taillamps. We do not want to make the NSX look like a kit-car. We feel our current taillamp is a more modern design, what Honda would have wanted - should they had released an NSX with factory LED taillights.

djdrock> Yes, I need to post some pics, but honestly, even as a decent photographer, it is nearly impossible to take great pics of lights, especially LED's.

Difficult, but not impossible. :)

btcog82> Well, all this trouble lets see some pics...PISC! PICS! PICS! PICS!

Ask and you shall receive. We just worked through a pretty heavy backlog this month, in addition to 5 sets of NSX taillamps we've been working hard to complete. Luckily, our customer was gracious enough to spend time with us in order to document this mini photo shoot. Thanks Jim!

featcarA05.jpg

featcarA01.jpg

featcarA02.jpg

featcarA10.jpg

featcarA09.jpg

We will be updating the site later today with new pics of our NSX J-spec LED taillamps for the 91-01 models, as well as a new 02-05 NSX-R LED center panel. Stay tuned...

Full gallery listing: http://clearcorners.com/products/acura/nsx1/

Thanks everyone!

Your older ones just had one section of lights per side. Now you have two... and it looks good. Is this just the difference between the 02+ lights which instead have a round signal section?

Is it possible to install LEDs at the ends where the reflectors are? (where circled)

14678featcarB06_1_-med.jpg

last of all, Any chance of a group buy?

Last edited:
old_S13 said:
Ask and you shall receive. We just worked through a pretty heavy backlog this month, in addition to 5 sets of NSX taillamps we've been working hard to complete. Luckily, our customer was gracious enough to spend time with us in order to document this mini photo shoot. Thanks Jim!

featcarA02.jpg

featcarA09.jpg

Man this lamps are BRIGHT!!!!!! :eek: , guess no need for fog lamps

old_S13 said:
We will be updating the site later today with new pics of our NSX J-spec LED taillamps for the 91-01 models, as well as a new 02-05 NSX-R LED center panel. Stay tuned...

Thanks everyone!

Michael, would this happen to be my J-spec 02 NSX-R LED taillamps + 02 NSX-R LED center panel ?? :biggrin: Can't wait to see them !!

edit: site was just updated, not mine but can't find R center panel ??

Last edited:
Back