• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clearcorner LED tail lights

GTRMag_2007_02.jpg

These are not! Mike ,are they yours?

I'm going to assume those are aftermarket and 99%, made in China. The OE Nismo taillamps look like this:

34nismo.jpg

We've been building a very powerful pair of taillamps for the R34-chassis, development has been near 1 year now.. but the final version is looking very good. They will debut on the website in about 3-4 weeks, we have several new projects that will be unveiled at the same time (hint: RX-8, G35-C, Ariel Atom, and a few others I cant/wont mention).

Thanks again for all the kind words and support.

ps: Louis, car looks great. Be sure to give us a hollar whenever you're ready to tackle the front-end. :p

Just received my matte black lights and finished putting them back on my car and wow. I love it. Turnaround was about a month.

THanks Mike

I will try to get pics soon.

I'm definitely going to have to get pics taken of mine (although pictures really don't do them any justice).

advan
How come your center piece doesn't light up too (mine does)?

I also wanted to post a daytime pic of mine in a matte black finish (sorry for the low res pic)

NSXMeetChachos12-1-07006.jpg

And here's a picture of my 2002 along with another member's 2002. I'm the one in front

Gives you an idea of brightness of the lights during the daytime

NSXMeetChachos12-1-07054.jpg

Looks good Matt. Can you post some high res pics ? I would like to see what the matte black finish looks like with the lights off.

Matt what is Matte black exactly? the housing? does it make the taillights darker when off? Your car looks AWESOME!!! Way to represent Silverstone!

Last edited:
When the weather clears up, I plan on a photoshoot by someone who takes really good pics.

As for the matte black finish, I think if you have a sebring color NSX, it may not look right.
I can't describe it but it has a darker finish around the edges

Here's some more taken recently.

They were photoshopped a bit due to the bad weather and dirtiness of my car

Lights just on

DSC_0036.jpg

Lights with brake light on

DSC_0039.jpg

Lights with reverse white LED

DSC_0042.jpg

Lights with turn signals

DSC_0046.jpg

It doesn't have the same effect during the daytime vs nighttime. At night, these things are super bright :smile:

I really want these lights from Clear Corners... but I'm afraid of the 10 month run around that was talked about in that one thread... and also, what do you do if bulbs burn out?? How do you replace them?

is the price with the taillight or we still need to send our lights to them?

You have to send yours in.

PhiAlpha44 said:
I really want these lights from Clear Corners... but I'm afraid of the 10 month run around that was talked about in that one thread... and also, what do you do if bulbs burn out?? How do you replace them?

There is no 10 month turnaround. Just contact Mike and ask him how long it will take. He is now stocking the boards and parts and he gave me an eta of 3-4 weeks (and this was around the time of SEMA so he was busy). I got mine in 1 month and just in time for the track. As for the bulb burning out, if it happens, I'll ask him ;)

The turn signals don't stay on. They do blink. Costas just took a pic when the hazards were flashed at the right time

The lights do not have bulbs where the LEDs are mounted. If one area burns out the board will have to replaced. I am sure that is not cheap if it occurs but the LEDs last much longer than bulbs.

WOW
we have to send the lights in and pay $2000+ for the labor and parts :confused:
u guys are crazy :eek: , but they are really nice, but $2000+ for tailight is just tooooooooooooooo Much!

Here is my set! Amber Turn indicators, Rear Fogs, LED Backups(not pictured) Probably the best safety mod I've done. These babies really get other cars attention at night! It's been much easier to merge and change lanes since I installed these!

DSCF0046.JPG

DSCF0045.JPG

Here's Mike Mamos from Clear Corners !

clearcorners2.jpg

Whoa
You got the lighting in the top corners done. I'm not sure I'm digging just that part being on when you turn the lights on. It looks a little broken up. I think it looks better in this pic (I'm assuming this was with foot on the brakes and hazards on)

DSCF0045.JPG

I don't think it would look right on the 2002+ tails since we have the circular signals.

But I do agree that the brightness is a good safety feature at night.

Here's Mike Mamos from Clear Corners !
clearcorners2.jpg

damn you Carlos.................. you HAD to use that messed up picture :)

atom.jpg

Atleast the Atom picture is more fun to look at.

PhiAlpha44 said:

10 month turn around times dont exist for the NSX. Not only do we have all the components in stock nowadays, but we also have spare taillamps to boot. We offer core exchanges and have various other methods of reducing downtime.

Still, its an intricate conversion.. but fortunately for all of us, we've managed to expedite the process.

The lights do not have bulbs where the LEDs are mounted. If one area burns out the board will have to replaced. I am sure that is not cheap if it occurs but the LEDs last much longer than bulbs.

Not true, boards can be repaired - they dont need to be replaced. Obviously an LED light differs greatly from your traditional OE light, as if a bulb fails you change it. LED technology is great as long as the lights are not neglected. For instance, if there is a water leakage problem and the problem is neglected - then the circuitry will eventually corrode and will need replacement. I mean, this should be common sense to most individuals. For instance, if you have a leaky roof and water saturates your carpet, you need to have it dried immediately or mold will build up. There are a lot of people who just dont understand good maintenance...

Funny, we just finished Carl's NA1 taillamps last month and he sent back his cores - his OE center panel was 1/2 filled with water like a bathtub, and it was stock (never modified). The OE lights are notorious for having water leakage problems. Fortunately for you guys, we made design changes which greatly reduce the risks of problems like water entry. Ask anyone who has one of our more recent lamp conversions, we've gone to great lengths to offer a fantastic product - its not "just a conversion."

Cheers
mike / clearcorners.com

Last edited:
Back