• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch Master Cylinder

I finally need to replace my clutch master cylinder at 112K miles. It's leaking
frown.gif
My mechanic suggests that I do the slave one too. Has anyone had this job done? Cost of parts and labor? Thanks! Also, my instrument panel lights are out...has anyone replaced these before?

I think slave cylinder parts are around $150, labor is minimal (less than an hour). The master is the complicated one to replace, probably 4 hrs labor.

While there is no compelling reason to replace the slave cylinder if it is not causing problems, at 112k miles there is a reasonable chance you'll need to replace it before too much longer anyway, so it may be a worthwhile bit of preventative maintenance while you have the car in the shop.

Sorry it took so long to respond to this post, as I could not find my paperwork. I had the master cylinder replaced on my 1995 in December 2000 for a total cost of $313.73, which was evenly split labor and part. Crown Acura charges around $75/hr for labor, so I am guessing two hours of tech time. Hope this helps.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Back