• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch Replacement For Heavily Modified NSX

Greetings and happy holidays fellow NSX'ers.

I need a clutch replacement ASAP and have been recommended towards OS Giken. But, they're on back order and I need to find something immediately.

My goal is to purchase the clutch immediately, then have it installed by a recommended mechanic.

I live in Los Angeles and would like to find a recommended clutch today in the LA area if possible.

Any recommendations?

Thanks for the needed assistance.

1UFO 2C

Not sure how modified your car is, however I have a RPS clutch that has worked well for the last 3 years or so. I have a otherwise stock Comptech Supercharger with headers and exhaust. Probably about 370 hp at the wheels. Not sure about the torque but I think around 250 lbs. It has a heavy pedal but otherwise has not been problematic at all. I believe SOS sells the same clutch. Regards,
Manny

I love the Carbonetics Triple Full Carbon Clutch. It's overkill for my setup, but I love the stock pedal pressure. My previous was a RPS, and using it in stop and go traffic was laborious after awhile. It did last for 120k miles...I have 45k on the Carbonetics TFCC, still feels good. My wife hates the sound it makes when I dis-engage while backing out of the garage...

I love the Carbonetics Triple Full Carbon Clutch. It's overkill for my setup, but I love the stock pedal pressure. My previous was a RPS, and using it in stop and go traffic was laborious after awhile. It did last for 120k miles...I have 45k on the Carbonetics TFCC, still feels good. My wife hates the sound it makes when I dis-engage while backing out of the garage...

Rob, so nice to see my old girl is still running strong!!!

Happy holidays!!!

For light mods, comptech, for mid to crazy, go with carbonatics, tripple has chatter, Im not sure on chatter on dual, but it will last for a very long time

Rob, so nice to see my old girl is still running strong!!!

Happy holidays!!!

Hey Mark! Yup, per my signature, she's about to hit 250k miles soon; still runs like a Honda!

Back