• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

cocky nsx owner....

say cheese.

i dont really like wine---I have drank more beer than most. Dont do that so much anymore either. so much for stereotypes, eh?

yeah i like cheese--but you grow up on a farm youve gotta support the dairy industry.

anyway, back to my original reply---What WAS the point of your post? I think we are all aware of the hp rating of the z06, and certainly of our nsxs. I didnt buy it to dragrace vettes, and am pretty much turned off by the whole my *#%* is bigger than yours posts. I mean, weve bought nsxs. Do you really think vettes werent in our budget?? If you were curious why we chose the nsx over the highpowered z06 that can 'trounce' our nsxs so easily, then that would have been a different deal altogether.

I love wine.

Gonna buy myself a winery in nearby Napa some day... bring your own cheese when visiting...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by huckster:
What WAS the point of your post? I think we are all aware of the hp rating of the z06, and certainly of our nsxs. I didnt buy it to dragrace vettes, and am pretty much turned off by the whole my *#%* is bigger than yours posts. I mean, weve bought nsxs. Do you really think vettes werent in our budget?? If you were curious why we chose the nsx over the highpowered z06 that can 'trounce' our nsxs so easily, then that would have been a different deal altogether.

Well said.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

the whole point of the post was know what are racing before you just look at it and say that you are faster lol..it happens to all kinds of people.. exotic car owners as well as hot rod owners.. the ego just builds up fast and gets to ya.. and as for looks.. they both look nice.. looks are a matter of opinion though..power is a matter of fact
smile.gif
.. as long as its all in fun, then thats good but taking races too seriously gets u in trouble
tongue.gif

1)It would seem to me that if a NSX owner wanted a Z06 they could buy a Z06.
2)a stock Z06 should be able to smoke a stock C5 too.
The NSX isn't about "mine's bigger" and "I'm faster". It also isn't about snobbery (I'm richer). Vette's, Mustangs aren't about people who feel inadequate and need to prove themselves by buying bragging rights and proving to the "rich" guys with the NSX that they can rub their nose in it.
It's about what you love in a car and the feeling it gives you when you drive it.
I've owned Vettes and Mustangs and now a NSX. They are as different to the taste as ice cream, spumoni and sorbet are to each other.
One can't be the other but each has it's own sweetness that has it's own appeal and devotees. Pax vobiscum.

[This message has been edited by pbassjo (edited 23 January 2003).]

LOL
laugh.gif
ROFL ... one minute this is a tense thread brinking on the verge of a flame war, next we're talking about cheese and "don't eat & drive" .... LOL ....

i love the humour of u guys ... diffuses the situation beautifully... LOL....
smile.gif

Great thread ! I got yelled at on the Lexus Forum by the moderator for my wit and friendly sarcasm.

I sure do miss you guys and my NSX. You want to talk "wine sniffing, cheese eating" snobs, check out the clublexus SC430 Forum !

I think I may be leaning towards another NSX in a few years (by '05).

In regards to observations of whats quicker on track z06 vs nsx,the yellow z06 at xpo-02 was stock with track rubber and a very experienced driver(instructor level) and I could not keep up,at msr he was ~2 sec/lap quicker.I road with him at tms, and no drama in the car,just faster,it was not as visceral a ride as the nsx though.Of course on my local tracks The opposite has occured.Bottom line is they are close enough that it comes down to driver,driver,driver.Btw, I like cheese,and fancy mustard,but not wine.

Bottom line is they are close enough that it comes down to driver, driver, driver.[/B]

Totally agree! For some reason this key factor is often over looked. As far as racing and boasting, I say take it to a sanctioned race at the track! Join SCCA, learn to really drive, and do it consistently. Everything else is BS. As far as what car is better looking as I said before... http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001105.html

Back