• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Colorado Springs folks

So I been down here at a school on base for about 5 weeks now. Got about a week and a half left. We got a 3 day weekend coming and I was thinking of bring my NSX down for my last week here (looks like the weather should be fine) While I was here I was thinking of taking it to Acura for its last min warranty and any maintenance it might need since I dont have a dealer in Cheyenne. Good idea, bad, anyone deal with Acura in COSP hell is there even an Acura in the area? lol

Pikes Peak Acura is in the south end of the Springs, and used to run an NSX in their race team.

I was dissappointed with their sales team, but apparently they've got one of the best NSX mechanics in the region (Paul xxxski or something). Folks come from miles around to have them work on their NSXes.

Yes Pikes Peak Acura is here.

Paul Zmudsky is an amazing mechanic, however I will caveat that to say that I have had some bad experiences with specific individuals (who will remain unnamed) managing their maintenance/service department in screwing me over in a couple experiences by finding ways to overcharge me. In one event, being charged 600 dollars for something that was pretensed as under warranty (and paid a great premium for in the initial job that was warrantied!!!) and assumed to have been performed with zero to an absolute minimum fine. When asking them to produce the breakdown behind their numbers on an hourly basis their receipt numbers failed to match up with their computer clock in/out logs. They then attempted to say that a custom job doesn't quite go along with hourly rates. I then asked them to produce a balance sheet or some semblance of justification for the outrageous price they were asking for and they were unable to do so. I was about to take them to court but then my military occupation prevented me from doing so due to schedule, etc. For all I know they pulled that number out of a magic hat and would not give me back my keys until I paid them in full.

My friend with an NSX had some work performed there and the problem was not taken care of. In the end they didn't take care of him. Details of this story are too long to tell, but long story short, he was far from a satisfied customer.

I have other friends not with NSXs who have dealt with Pikes Peak Acura and have come to the same conclusion as to the type of crooked nature they perform business with.

I will be boycotting for the rest of ever due to the poor manner in which they had handled my case, and if they really wanted to establish a rapport with their customers, they should do a better job managing perception and learn what ethical business means to keep customers in the long run.

Prior to this incident, they had treated me very well, but it only took this poor experience for them to lose a customer or two or three. Some acquaintances have in fact started a facebook group to boycott their "shenanigans" so it is not just me who feels this way.

In any case, it is up to you to deal with them, but I suggest against any large amounts of work to be performed at their location. Just my feelings on the topic, and I really don't care if specific people see this post because they know what they did, and have not tried to make an effort to ameliorate the situation.

-Dan

i've had some problems with paul... but i won't really say anything

Hey Dan,

I remember you had a topic in the past here before, I didn't mean to ignore you when you replied, I was just away for quite a while.

But yes, I have had problems with some of those people over there and refuse to go back. I would rather drive to flatirons to have my car taken care of instead of the 15 minute trip I would take to get to PP Acura here locally.

Wow, that sucks about PP. Must be a sign of the times or something....

But yeah, Paul Z is an awesome mechanic. I've only dealt with the same three people though Paul Z, the parts guy (Paul also? I know there are two) and the same service advisor.

I hear Flatirons is good.

Last edited:
well I didnt get a chance to hit it up anyway. Im taking it to Loveland dealer for the headlight bouncing all over the place issue the 03's and up seem to have and just have them take a look over the whole car before the extended warrenty runs out on 29 April :frown:

well I didnt get a chance to hit it up anyway. Im taking it to Loveland dealer for the headlight bouncing all over the place issue the 03's and up seem to have and just have them take a look over the whole car before the extended warrenty runs out on 29 April :frown:

There is no Honda dealer in Loveland, much less an Acura dealer. ???

Wishfull thinking (as it would be closer to me), I meant Boulder

Back