• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Competition for Zaino?

Those of you who just have to try every wax or polish on the market might want to check out Pigsnot.
I have not tried it but a friend who is the most fanatical car care nut I know said it gives "99% as shiney (as zaino)and much less trouble to apply". No responses about how Zaino is no trouble to apply or how xyz wax beats all others...

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

I have been a faithful and very satisfied user of Zaino on my NSX, use Zymol on my M/C and have just completed detailing my father's Buick with Maguire's( using all the proper pre-steps-it came out gorgeous-Happy Father's Day).Last weekend I attended a Corvette show, and there was a vendor there for "Liquid Glass". I used this product on my truck several years ago, and had forgotten all about it. Allways gave great results. Now they have a complete system with Pre-cleaner, Wash, Polish, Detailer, Vinyl/Leather care, etc. The thing that has caught my attention about this product once again is an ad the vendor had on display claiming "gaurenteed no stone chips with twenty coats". This would be phenomenal, and I would drop every other product instantly if it could be proven to be true. Hey, I probably have fifty coats of Zaino on my X, it looks awesome, but every time I take it out for a drive it seems I find another small chip somewhere in the paint. The Liquid Glass did indeed make the truck look incredible. I'm very curious to try it again now that I've learned all of these detailing secrets from you knowledgable members. Anyone have any comments or experience with Liquid Glass?

Originally posted by NSXLNT:
Anyone have any comments or experience with Liquid Glass?

As with most of this type of product it has been my experience that multiple coats cause a color shift in the paint.
The owner of Liquid Glass struck me as a real snake-oil salesman - and I've met him several times. He had an act that was put on and that always turns me off.
Products of this type are difficult to remove if you change your mind. A solvent like Prep-Sol will do the trick.
I've personally seen no evidence that supports the claims made for this product.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Back