• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech exhaust anyone have them??

I am looking at the comptech exhaust for a 98 NSX. Does anyone have one? How do you like it? What is the sound like in the car and outside? What was the power increase? Was it noticable?

Thanks for any feedback.

I've got one on my 1991. I have a love/hate with it. When I want to be noticed it's nice because it definately gets you noticed. But on long trips it does get kinda buzzy and I hear it after I turn the car off yet. Can't tell you about increase in performace as I got the car with it on as well a other mods.

FYI...and anyone correct me if I'm wrong...but your '98 came with stock headers so no need to spend your money on aftermarket ones. The earlier NSX's (91-96 I think) came with restrictive manifolds that when removed and coupled with an aftermarket exhaust most experienced around 20 more HP. Spend your money or something that'll make more of a difference on your car than headers will. JMO, and this doesn't apply if you're building an all out race car where you'll need the most free flowing exhaust.

Thanks to everyone. I have decided to go with an anytime exhaust. I have heard and seen netviper's and I liked what I saw and heard. The old Taitex Gt lightweight (old as in about 1 month but one side bent in from the fender bender) was louder than I like and had a great deal of resonance inside. The anytime had great sound and no resonance.

Hi David Rubnitz,

I have 2 video clips with sound of the comptech exhaust in action.

Let me know if you would like them emailed to you.

-Mike

druby said:
Thanks to everyone. I have decided to go with an anytime exhaust. I have heard and seen netviper's and I liked what I saw and heard. The old Taitex Gt lightweight (old as in about 1 month but one side bent in from the fender bender) was louder than I like and had a great deal of resonance inside. The anytime had great sound and no resonance.

Hi David -- Hope you like your new exhaust. Let us know how you get along.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Just so you know - I just received my Comptech Exhaust today. It is waiting patiently in the garage to be installed in the morning. I ordered it on 9/9 at 10:00 AM and it was delivered at 10:00 AM on 9/10! WOW!

I opened the box and it was packed expertly. Could have gone around the world and not been damaged. All the welds look very nice and clean.

The only thing I did not care for (personal thing) is they acid etched "Comptech Motor Sport" on the top of the tips. It is not obnoxiously large, I just do not believe in advertising anything.

The other problem I had was when I called the day before I orderd it, I was quoted the older model price, even though I told them I had an '01 NSX. The next day when I called to actually order it, the price jumped by $100 odd dollars. I was a little upset over that, but anyone can make a mistake I guess. The exhaust cost me $1,240 delivered. I still think that is a lot of money for a muffler....but what can you do? Still cheaper to go through SOS then Comptech directly by the way.

Once I get it installed and take it for a drive I will tell you how I feel about the cost. It does look sweet sitting on the floor.

I got the Comptech, if you are wondering, because it is apparently the quietest of the aftermarket exhausts. I did not want a booming exhaust. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Cairo94507 said:
The other problem I had was when I called the day before I orderd it, I was quoted the older model price, even though I told them I had an '01 NSX. The next day when I called to actually order it, the price jumped by $100 odd dollars. I was a little upset over that, but anyone can make a mistake I guess. The exhaust cost me $1,240 delivered. I still think that is a lot of money for a muffler....but what can you do? Still cheaper to go through SOS then Comptech directly by the way.
There are extra parts with the later model Michael so the difference is somewhat justified (you don't use those adapters on the early models, otherwise exhaust is the same)

Back