• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

comptech front camber bushings

What is the camber range for the Comptech front camber bushing kit?

Does it provide even tire only at the track?

Would this help my "understeering" at the track?

With increased camber, would this make the car "darty"...meaning not wanting to stay in a staight line?

Does Comptech make bushings for the rear, or are they not necessary?

mystican said:
What is the camber range for the Comptech front camber bushing kit?

I believe it maxes out at - 4 degrees of camber.

mystican said:
Does it provide even tire only at the track?

I suppose you're meaning "even" wear. If so, it depends on what kind of driver you are and if you really lean on the car at the track. Also depends on the track b/c neg camber is only good in the turns and a detriment under braking. I'd say you'd get more even tire wear if ryou un 8-10/10ths.

mystican said:
Would this help my "understeering" at the track?

If you're going 8-10/10ths. If you're not, then I'd focus more on taking the right line and car control.

mystican said:
With increased camber, would this make the car "darty"...meaning not wanting to stay in a staight line?

Toe out up front is going to make your car more darty. Camber is going to give your outside wheel more traction under cornering.

mystican said:
Does Comptech make bushings for the rear, or are they not necessary?

Typically, the front of a race or sport intended car is going to have more neg camber in relation to the rears b/c the rears have the added responsibility of putting power down and a driver can use the throttle to determine traction and rotate the car any which way. I'm sure there are other answers as well.

Back