• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Congrats, Button and Sato (Bahrain)!

Excellent race at Bahrain.

Look forward to seeing many more wins in the near future!

Yes indeed! A great result. Looks like BAR is going to be duking it out for the #2 spot in the Manufacturers Championship. Couple things:

- Can't believe the tumble McLaren has taken.
- The "racing incident" b/t Ralf and Sato was, IMHO, Ralf's fault. He didn't give Sato any room in corner entry.
- Ferrari is 30 seconds in front. 30 seconds!!!
- Sato drove a decent race. He still manages to get into a lot of trouble. But right now, any drama is good drama in F1.
- I predict another 2002 season.

Was a hell of a race for Honda in general...great work by Button. You could easily tell how stable and dailed in that chassis was on the track....Honda simply BLOWS OUT Toyots again in yet another Grand Prix...well deserved podium too :cool:

...Mercedes Benz needs to make a field trip down to Munich, LOL...:D

BAR looks good but Ferrari is untouchable. I'm really happy to see Honda doing well again but I'm losing interest in the sport with Ferrari's dominance. I believe Ferrari's dominance is actually bad for the sport. It really isn't much fun to watch the race for 3rd (maybe 2nd if Reubens is having a bad day). Micheal hasn't even had a mechanical problem in so long (it always seems to be Reuben's car). I hope the other teams (especially BAR) can make some progress in catching up to Ferrari.

Ponyboy said:
- The "racing incident" b/t Ralf and Sato was, IMHO, Ralf's fault. He didn't give Sato any room in corner entry.

I agree that Ralf went in too hot that deserved that unintentional "payback" from Sato. He deserved to be nudged off the track from that illegal overtaking that gave Taku zero room to maneuver.

BTW, the final verdict is in, per F1live.com, in BOLD:

SNIP-

[05/04/04 - 09:32]

Rubens fined, Ralf reprimanded
A $10,000 fine for Barrichello

Rubens Barrichello / Ferrari

An emphatic Ferrari won the first ever Formula One race in the Middle East, but the team was also slapped with a $10,000 fine for an incident in pitlane. Stewards reviewed video-evidence and independent explanations and ruled that Rubens Barrichello had been released from a stop when it wasn't 'safe to do so.'

A near-collision with the Renault of Jarno Trulli was averted. Rubens defended Ferrari and passed the buck to the Italian. "He cut across me, and I had to brake," said the Brazilian. "It was not my intention to block him."

Ralf Schumacher was also punished for a clash with the BAR of Takuma Sato. After a similar review process, stewards ruled that the Japanese ace had been 'forced off the track' by the German who received an official reprimand.

"Ralf just closed the door on me and turned in." said Takuma. Three reprimands during the season equals a race-ban.

"I think he was a bit optimistic," retorted Schumacher. "He thought he could just simply get back the place he had just lost."

Source GMM / CAPSIS International

After that comment from the younger Schumacher, I lost all respect for him. What a sore loser. :mad:

- Ferrari is 30 seconds in front. 30 seconds!!!

We should cut Honda some slack. It's their first season out of the shadow and we should at least thank the new Honda boss Fukui for allowing their engineers to go all-out with the racing program - F-1 in particular - among many things, something that the last 2 Honda chiefs since early 90's after Soichiro's passing won't do, for reasons unknown to me. And let's not forget that Ferrari had at least 4 years being on top so their learning curve isn't as steep. With that level of experience from winning so many races, BAR Honda (or anyone for that matter) cannot expect to dethrone the Italian Empire right off the bat, at least not just yet - next year perhaps. Remember, in F1, solid teams will see their days to bask under the sun. But for now, we should be content that BAR is there right behind Ferrari, breathing down Schumi and Barichello's necks. :) They better hope their F2004's stay reliable throughout the season because the gap is closing as season progresses and 30 sec. lead isn't safe enough for anyone, not even for the mighty Ferrari.

- Sato drove a decent race. He still manages to get into a lot of trouble. But right now, any drama is good drama in F1.

Yea it's a hella fun watching Sato race, a true underdog. He earned the rep of being "the clown/comic relief" since his debut back in '02 because of the off-road excursions and other forms of drama he brings to F1. But isn't it amazing how he managed to move up the field in the last 2 races, even after all that pit-lane blunder and bad strokes of luck? Recalling that big spin in Sepang, Sato was still able to move up thru the ranks from dead last to 8th with 3 laps to go, only to have the engine let go? Let's not forget, this guy dominated F-3 in 2001 the same fashion Mikey did in 2002 F1 season, and for good reasons i may add. In time, circumstances and reliability permit, Lady Luck will smile at him eventually (and it's already happening as we speak) and hopefully that nickname of his can go to someone else instead. :)

You've earned my respect Sato, I'll be cheering you on!

Good luck! Buddha(?) speed. :D

Last edited:
good race for BAR last weekend at Bahrain. !!! =) 2 back to back podium finishes for button is just unbelievable to me!!

---schumacher and sato incident: just looking at the NUMEROUS replays, its obvious that sato had the line, but schumacher didn't even bother trying to let him pass, which resulted in him going off course!:D

---sato's driving: i personally am a big fan of this wild driver. he's one of the only things i look forward to races. time and time again he is able to move up the field... it seems like sato can move up the ranks fairly quickly i may add. his unique/crazy driving style gives me excitement in watching... keeps me at the edge of my seat, especially last 10 laps. in malaysia after engine blow, i was worried that button might have engine blow too.. then in bahrain, i was fearful that the two may experience engine trouble/ or brake trouble due to temp/track. but it ended well. =)

----ferrarri: i agree that ferrarri is getting annoying to watch. i don't even bother looking at either of their times cause i know no other team can really give them competition. closest at bahrain was montoya, but too bad he had engine failure. but for BAR, its good to see them battle 2nd place for manufac championship, considering they had very bad years in F1.

I love watching Kimi blow up race after race after race. The only thing better would be watching Schumi pass him for a win race after race after race. Sorry guys, but I have loved Ferrari from time that I knew what a car was. No matter if they are a second ahead or a minute ahead, I am rooting and happy. Zee german is zee superior vun. Hate him or love him.

Back