• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Converting topspeed headers from 91 spec to 96 spec flange possible?

Hello guys

are the header pipings of a 91 and 96+ header identical and just the part after the collector different?

Reason is, I can get 91 spec topspeed headers here for a good price but I already have 96+ spec high low cats.

Is is it possible to just cut the flex hoses off the 91 topspeed headers and weld on the cone gasket ring flanges to fit the 96+ cats? swapping flanges is an easy task. It would not be worth the effort if I need to cut
the collector as well.

cheers,
Bernhard

If it was possible at all i'd have my KSP headers on already :) Sadly the collector exit before the flange extension is positioned too far (in short it's too long).

I had the idea after looking at pictures. It looks like the flange on the 95+ topspeed header is right on the collector. Looks a little "wrong" to me. Like they had to long primaries and ran out of room at the flange. The 91 style topspeed header looks better at the collector.

cutting the cat and shorten it a bit it not a big issue. I have access to a lift and a good welder.
like I said. Come to Vienna, we can fix your header issue in no time :D which will also solve my header issue apparently :D

bernhard

:D
Given the money i've sunk into these headers with no result yet, i should have gone to Austria indeed it would have been cheaper and a lot more fun...

As for the topspeed headers i read somewhere on these forums they have clearance issues with the rear cross member ?

:D
Given the money i've sunk into these headers with no result yet, i should have gone to Austria indeed it would have been cheaper and a lot more fun...

As for the topspeed headers i read somewhere on these forums they have clearance issues with the rear cross member ?

Yes, depending on which thread you read you either need to cut a little notch into the subframe or a tiny bit on the gearbox housing.

I would get a set of new ts headers inside europe. That's why I ask. I would still prefer the stock na2 headers :(

considering selling the highflow cats. Get the na1 topspeed header and stay with stock cats for now.

Back