• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

coolant problem need fixed for niagara

hey guys I am looking forward to meeting some of you this week at the niagara cruise, however i ran into a small issue....i think.
being new to this whole nsx thing I was checking all my fluid levels and all was good except my coolant tank seemed really low. now the car was cold but the coolant fluid was way below the min. mark. The temp gauage never went to high but i figured i better make sure i had enough fluid. So i bought the proper coolant from acura and filled it up to the min mark.
went for a drive keeping an eye on the the temp guage (which never left half) and when i got back i had fluid leaking out of the tank. I then noticed what looks like a small crack in the actual tank. I see this is a fairly common problem in these 91s. it may have been like this for a while as i have put around 2000 km since i got it and it was fine the whole time.
So, i really want to come this Sunday, so what are my options??

1) will the dealer have a new tank?
can they still get that part? or do i need to order one from sos asap. does anyone have an extra one that i could somehow hook up with in the next few days??
2) should i just drain out some of the fluid, would it be ok for the drive?
(not liking that option)
3) can these be fixed, hi heat epoxy or something??

thanks guys
eddy

most of us replaced the tanks (I did on my 95) just go buy one and replace it yourself in about 5 minutes........okay, for you guys maybe 10 minutes. Not a big issue and for the price of a new one it's not worth trying to fix the old one and have it crack again. If you don't get it done, you can drive your "other" car as I'll still let you park in the driveway whatever vehicle is driven.

Ed,

Common issue as stated, see if you can get one from the dealers (call Chris Thompson @ Acura of Oakville) or upgrade to an AL unit fomr SOS. It is fairly easy to change and refill with Acura collant....Don't Drive the Car with a busted coolant tank.

You can come to the Cruise with your DD, some guys that are bring their family and are using their DD.

Bram

Last edited:
I ordered a new tank from the dealer this morning, should have it by wednesday.
I cant see my self showing up to my first `nsx' cruise with you guys in my 2005 4runner.......
got have my nsx
ed

Back